Author Topic: Connie is an Ice-Breaker  (Read 5289 times)

Offline JerBear

Connie is an Ice-Breaker
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
I've only owned this bike for 11 months and I have had several people come up to me when I'm stopped and want to know all about her.  One time I had an on-duty police officer follow me around a small town, (I was looking for a Kwik-Mart) and when I stopped he wanted to know what farkels I had installed and how much fun it was to drive.  It seems he had one ordered and it was coming soon and wanted a head start.  We talked for a half hour at least.  Today I had a man go half way through a 4 way stop and then stopped to wave me through.  He followed me to my house and got out and told me he sold his C-10 five years ago and was considering a new one and wanted my thoughts on my bike.  Seems he loves to ride cross country and has driven his C-10 from the east coast to Wisconsin several time to visit family in the town I live in.  Fun to chew the fat with good people.  Speaking of which, is the national COG rally a fun time?
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline JerBear

Re: Connie is an Ice-Breaker
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Sorry VirginiaJim I should have posted this in the Rides and stories section  :-[
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:55:44 AM »
No need to apologize.  I live to move and lock threads so no worries.

I've owned a Silverwing, Voyager II, C10, and C14.  The C14 is the only bike I've really had anyone stop and comment on.  I did have one drive by from a young girl in VW bug who said 'nice bike'.  On my trip out west in 2010, I had several people stop and admire it (and that's with it dirty).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:15 AM »
Did they ask if it was a BMW?

Offline W14

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:24:16 AM »
I also get lots of positive feedback on my Connie...the red one. One guy circled the block, came back and wanted to know if it was a BMW. Had a lady follow me out of a restaurant to tell me how pretty the bike was. Even get positive positive feedback from my die-hard Harley friends, once I added the TB slipon. Of course, everyone wants to know how fast I have gone.

As a side note, motorcycles are generally a conversation piece. People ask me how can I ride alone. I tell them I am never really alone because almost every time I go out and make a stop, there is someone who wants to talk to me. They are either a rider, have ridden, want to ride, etc.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:48:57 AM »

I've had those comments, but not on the ride out west.  Those people were more discerning than some of the admirers in my neck of the woods.  I usually have some smart alec answer for those that think it's a BMW as I have not removed any of the Kwak decals.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
I rode the connie to a BMW dealer open house Sat. Found a spot right in front to park. You would have thought I was a leper when I was by the bike. Folks were downright friendly when I wasn't.  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
I rode the connie to a BMW dealer open house Sat. Found a spot right in front to park. You would have thought I was a leper when I was by the bike. Folks were downright friendly when I wasn't.  :)

I don't know why.  I like the people that ride the C14.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
I rode the connie to a BMW dealer open house Sat. Found a spot right in front to park. You would have thought I was a leper when I was by the bike. Folks were downright friendly when I wasn't.

At least they didn't make you shout 'unclean, unclean' as you walked around.  :)
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 07:34:10 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline JerBear

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »

I've had several non bikers ask me if it was a BMW.  The Kawasaki emblem is easy to miss on a silverdammit.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
Isn't BMW a Kawasaki model?  Similar to the C14, just less dependable and more expensive.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
Yeah, and a mangled version of KiPass called an 'immobilizer'. And Immobilize it does too....

::)

Brian

Isn't BMW a Kawasaki model?  Similar to the C14, just less dependable and more expensive.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
I was just at the dentist today for a cleaning and check up. I'm doing great, thanks for asking.    ;D

I got done right at lunch time and one of the dentists came out to get into his Lexus to head off for lunch. I was gearing up and he came over to ask about my bike. He said that it was a beautiful work of art and wanted to know how fast I've gone on it. I told him and he was suitably impressed. He said that he's only been up to 100mpg on his HD. We chatted a bit more about my C14 then he was off. I was glad that I had my sun glasses on cuz this guy REALLY needs to dial down the tooth whitener about 5 shades.    8)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
A dentist on a Harley, who'd a thunk it? Does he have fringe on his dentist's lab coat? Does he have one of those cool, Harley nicknames like 'Mongo' or something. Do you still have to call him Dr. Mongo?

;D

Brian

I was just at the dentist today for a cleaning and check up. I'm doing great, thanks for asking.    ;D

I got done right at lunch time and one of the dentists came out to get into his Lexus to head off for lunch. I was gearing up and he came over to ask about my bike. He said that it was a beautiful work of art and wanted to know how fast I've gone on it. I told him and he was suitably impressed. He said that he's only been up to 100mpg on his HD. We chatted a bit more about my C14 then he was off. I was glad that I had my sun glasses on cuz this guy REALLY needs to dial down the tooth whitener about 5 shades.    8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »
A dentist on a Harley, who'd a thunk it? Does he have fringe on his dentist's lab coat? Does he have one of those cool, Harley nicknames like 'Mongo' or something. Do you still have to call him Dr. Mongo?

;D

Brian

No fringe but his name tag said Spider.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn