Author Topic: Dirt Devil Dual Sport Poker Run this past weekend.  (Read 1610 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Dirt Devil Dual Sport Poker Run this past weekend.
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
Did a little Dual Sport Poker Run this weekend.  181 miles to get there and home.  120 miles of dual sport riding.  One very sore behind.

The area we rode in is called the Dirt Devil and is around the Natchez Trace between Centerville and Leipers Fork, TN. 

We started the ride at Leipers fork at a motorcycle hangout.  The young lady in the foreground is the person who designed the ride and set up all the markers to help us from getting lost.

Some pics pulled from my GoPro Camera.

The bike kicking up some water so you can get a feel for the depth of the crossing.  Would have been nice had I been following other riders for the video, but I didn't catch up to anyone until about the 1/2 way mark.

When we got back to the starting point, I was looking around at all the different bikes that had gathered.  I heard a guy talking about his classic BMW and knew I heard that voice before.  Mike now makes his home in the Nashville area.  I would love to go see his collection of bikes.  Some of you who have cable TV might know him.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Dirt Devil Dual Sport Poker Run this past weekend.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »
That looks to be right down my ally, I would've loved that. And how cool is it, that you got to meet him....I watch American Pickers all the time.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
Re: Dirt Devil Dual Sport Poker Run this past weekend.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
That's so cool! I used to ride the Natchez Trace all the time when I was going to college in MS. If only I'd have known about that route!
'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/