Author Topic: C14 - ZG's Go Green paint project - 2012 ZX14R Special Edition Green body - SOLD  (Read 16293 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena

Hi guys and gals,
I'm not 100% decided yet but I'm thinking about selling the "ZG's Go Green paint project - 2012 ZX14R Special Edition Green" set of bodywork...

If you're not familiar with it all the details can be seen at the below link, no expense was spared on the prep and paint process. Between all the bodywork pieces themselves and also the paint I have more than $5k into this set of green bodywork.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12358.0

As for price I'm not expecting to get all my $ back out of it but I'm also not going to just give it away, but I am open to realistic and serious offers and if it makes sense for both of us I think I'll sell them.

Price could depend on a couple factors depending on what all you would want, the least expensive option would be to buy all the normal painted panels that come painted from Kawi (mirrors, upper, mids, fender, tank, tail, side case lids, etc).

The other option would be more $ which would include all the pieces (26 in total), but I'm willing to keep some of these "extra" pieces and sell just the base bodywork set mentioned above because I can re-use these below pieces for another upcoming set of bodywork that I'll be painting and therefor it saves me $ from having to buy new ones of these for that project...

"Extra" pieces I'm talking about listed below...

I know some buyers might already have a trunk they like and therefor wouldn't need the Kawi 47 trunk lid.

I also know that some buyers might already have a seat that they like that is not a Corbin so therefor they wouldn't need the Corbin smuggler trunk and Corbin passenger backrest plate.

Also the lowers I had painted have the holes already in them for the Top Block sliders, these holes could be plugged with a rubber grommet etc but some folks might just want to re-use their factory oem lowers that come in standard black plastic not painted and be good to go, FYI that's how I ran it in the beginning myself and those pics can be seen on the thread link I posted above.

If you want to make me a serious offer you can either post up your offer on this thread or you can send me a pm.

It really is a great color and great set of bodywork, it won 1st place at the National last summer for best C14 and 1st place for best in show as well. It was also pictured on the cover of the 2013 Fall Concourier.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:07:00 PM by ZG »

Offline MrPepsi

$50 including shipping. ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline ZG

• Arena

Sorry, I should also point out in case it isn't obvious that this bodywork is for the 08/09 model years.

Also to point out, all mounting tabs are perfect, all foams and heat shields etc are on the insides of the panels, these are 100% ready to just bolt right on.

And this set of bodywork has a full set of snakeskin TechSpec front and rear.  :thumbs:

Anyone on the fence cost wise should also consider that you could always sell your oem color panels on ebay and get quite a bit of $ back from that.  :chugbeer:

Offline Conniesaki

I assume somebody with one of these would also want this:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:57:46 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline ZG

• Arena
I assume somebody with one of these would want all this:

8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Tahoe C14

• RED 14's RULE!
If the "smuggler" does not sell with the packageā€¦..Maybe I could get the first crack at it??
Jim
2009 "RED" ABS 14

"These bikes just plain kick ass"

Offline ZG

• Arena
If the "smuggler" does not sell with the packageā€¦..Maybe I could get the first crack at it??

Sorry Jim, I need another smuggler trunk for my next project too, so if I sell the base bodywork set without it I'll be using the smuggler for my next set.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
Jay, the powerlet holes on the left middle side panel I could deal with, probably just put powerlet plugs back in there myself..... but the 3 holes in the upper left fairing that has your heat controller ........... approx. what diameter are those holes? I was just about to reply with a purchase offer and was looking at the previous thread pics of assembly when I remembered your heat controller.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline ZG

• Arena
Jay, the powerlet holes on the left middle side panel I could deal with, probably just put powerlet plugs back in there myself..... but the 3 holes in the upper left fairing that has your heat controller ........... approx. what diameter are those holes? I was just about to reply with a purchase offer and was looking at the previous thread pics of assembly when I remembered your heat controller.

I don't know the exact measurement OCK sorry, but the holes are obviously smaller than what shows on the outside controls because those controls rest/reset on them as contact points. Let me know if that hole measurement is a deal breaker or not on submitting an offer, if needed I could unpack and take some measurements, I packed up the green bodywork when it came off for long term storage so it's already all boxed up for safe keeping (or now shipping).

Which option are you considering, the base set of bodywork or full monty?  :-\ 

I'm assuming the controls you mention are the ones shown in the pic below on the upper mid right?

Offline Gsun

:o

Son of Pappy

As I remember it, they are 3/8" holes.

Offline OCK913

• Arena

I don't know the exact measurement OCK sorry, but the holes are obviously smaller than what shows on the outside controls because those controls rest/reset on them as contact points. Let me know if that hole measurement is a deal breaker or not on submitting an offer, if needed I could unpack and take some measurements, I packed up the green bodywork when it came off for long term storage so it's already all boxed up for safe keeping (or now shipping).

Which option are you considering, the base set of bodywork or full monty?  :-\ 

I'm assuming the controls you mention are the ones shown in the pic below on the upper mid right?

Yes, those are the ones I am referring to. Knowing the size is not a deal breaker, just trying to figure out what I would do with them or how to cover them up and not look like a patch job. I would only want to the base set, no trunk, smuggler, or lowers.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Yes, those are the ones I am referring to. Knowing the size is not a deal breaker, just trying to figure out what I would do with them or how to cover them up and not look like a patch job. I would only want to the base set, no trunk, smuggler, or lowers.

Cool, the base set would be my preference to sell, that way I can re-use the other pieces.  :)

Ya those holes are pretty small, I'd say about the size of a #2 pencil eraser. You could always just get the Gerbings control knobs even if you didn't wire them up or even just get some small black rubber grommets to put it in them.  :-\

Let me know if you have any other questions OCK, I'd like to sell to you since we've done some other transactions in the past on other stuff we both should feel comfortable in what to expect and have things go smooth.  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline OCK913

• Arena

Cool, the base set would be my preference to sell, that way I can re-use the other pieces.  :)

Let me know if you have any other questions OCK, I'd like to sell to you since we've done some other transactions in the past on other stuff we both should feel comfortable in what to expect and have things go smooth.  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

I am giving it some serious thought ....... I am just kind of particular about the details, as I know that you certainly are as well. So having 3 holes, even if I put grommets in them, would always bug me. And when I attempt to show off my new green bodywork, no matter how amazing it looks, people will say ..... what are those 3 black grommets for? Being in Florida, I have no real need for heated gear, but if I could think of something else to put there, I may be able to make it useful. I have been looking at catalogs and magazines trying to find something that I could do with that spot to cover those up.  Give me a few days to ponder it and I will let you know.  Thanks Jay ....

Offline ZG

• Arena
I am giving it some serious thought ....... I am just kind of particular about the details, as I know that you certainly are as well. So having 3 holes, even if I put grommets in them, would always bug me. And when I attempt to show off my new green bodywork, no matter how amazing it looks, people will say ..... what are those 3 black grommets for? Being in Florida, I have no real need for heated gear, but if I could think of something else to put there, I may be able to make it useful. I have been looking at catalogs and magazines trying to find something that I could do with that spot to cover those up.  Give me a few days to ponder it and I will let you know.  Thanks Jay ....

Maybe you could put a Kawi or Connie badge in that spot OCK if it bothered you that much...  :-\

Son of Pappy

Switch for heated grips, may not be used often, but when you do it sure is nice.
Switch for Aux lights.
Switch for a switched power source to run GPS or charge your phone.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Switch for heated grips, may not be used often, but when you do it sure is nice.
Switch for Aux lights.
Switch for a switched power source to run GPS or charge your phone.

Good ideas Chet!  :thumbs: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Maybe also make one a garage door opener button.  :)

Offline viper

what colour would you do next Jay ?

Offline MrPepsi

Chrome or Pink!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"