Poll

Do you like Virginia Jim's new avatar better than the previous one?

NO   (hint, this is the correct answer)
13 (81.3%)
Yes
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 17, 2018, 09:37:34 AM

Author Topic: V'Jim's Avatar  (Read 8257 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »
Whatever falls out of the sky..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
You found me out. My grade point average is lower than Bluto's.

Which means you're headed for the Senate. Well done!
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 01:09:03 PM »
Which means you're headed for the Senate. Well done!

:thumbs: :rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:02 PM »
The votes are in....and...we accomplished what exactly?

Well, I broke my cherry on polls anyway.  :banana

For my next poll: What would God say if he/she were President ---> Guns? or No Guns?  :stirpot: :rotflmao:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
nukes for all    8)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:46 PM »
V'Jim spotted in Vegas. Pet dragon not present for obvious reasons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPkh_CuYuo
f.marty to blame for this?
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:17 PM »
V'Jim spotted in Vegas. Pet dragon not present for obvious reasons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPkh_CuYuo

Don’t you mean pet dog dressed up as a dragon not present?
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »

Not me.  Don't ice skate, don't roller skate, don't ski (ice/snow/water), just ride.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 10:04:29 PM »

Not me, I just ask the questions.
Other folks come up with the goofy answers...e.g. "...I can stick food on the spikes."

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 06:23:56 AM »
Sorry about :offtopic: But, Jim, do you miss the C14 at all? I'm getting older and my leaning into the twisties with my hair on fire days are somewhat behind me. Thinking a really nice modern cruiser with decent power and a low seat might be in my future.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 06:51:50 AM »
Oh no.... it is like a virus!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 06:58:14 AM »
Oh no.... it is like a virus!

Yup, getting old is like a virus with no cure and always fatal!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »
Yup, getting old is like a virus with no cure and always fatal!

Oh, don't even.... you know what I meant :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 09:00:07 AM »
Rhino, just put on some Helibar Horizons and enjoy the comfort!  Like riding a bicycle...

...a bicycle with two Acme rockets attached to it!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
Sorry about :offtopic: But, Jim, do you miss the C14 at all? I'm getting older and my leaning into the twisties with my hair on fire days are somewhat behind me. Thinking a really nice modern cruiser with decent power and a low seat might be in my future.

Keep the C14 and pick up a cruiser. It is nice to have options when you go to the garage for a ride. Jump on whichever one you are in the mood for that day. If you get rid of the C14, you will miss it. No cruiser out there is going to have the performance and handling you are use to. The C14, although a comfortable ride, is no Lazy boy recliner like a cruiser is. Having the Concours and a cruiser gives you the best of both worlds. It’s good to have options!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »
Not me, I just ask the questions.
Other folks come up with the goofy answers...e.g. "...I can stick food on the spikes."

If he tilts his head forward thusly, that helmet can snag a variety of food mid-air such as deer bounding across the road, low flying geese, the occasional salmon in a flooded road, etc. Not goofy at all, but ingenious survivalist gear. And the Indian being a slow moving bike, the chainmail is adequate protection.  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 12:21:29 PM »
If he tilts his head forward thusly, that helmet can snag a variety of food mid-air such as deer bounding across the road, low flying geese, the occasional salmon in a flooded road, etc. Not goofy at all, but ingenious survivalist gear. And the Indian being a slow moving bike, the chainmail is adequate protection.  ;D

sanmo, at the risk of being lumped into the group of others that seem to enjoy verbally sparring with you, I have to ask. Don't you see the dichotomy (<--my big word of the day, and yes I did have to look it up just before I typed it just to make sure I am using it and spelling it correctly) in the highlighted statements?
Regardless, I see it, and that was the basis of my earlier remark. That and the way he said he can "stick food on the spikes" as though like shish kebab, where most would say "catch food (headkill?) on the spikes".
I do agree with you about the chainmail.  :thumbs:  At those speeds D30 would be overkill (not to be confused with headkill).

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 05:55:52 PM »
Grrrr........j/k. All verbal jousting is in good fun, w/o malice. I do miss the pro-gun firing squad though.  :)
I suppose that given the speed handicap on the Indian, V'Jim's helmet-assisted food opportunities are feasible only if they are coming towards him rather than if he is chasing them. I will defer to your judgement on this matter. ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
That would be pro Constitution.  8)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2018, 11:30:53 PM »
All verbal jousting is in good fun, w/o malice.

Same with some of the pictorial jousting.  ;)
------------------------------------------------------------

How V'Jim sees himself via his new avatar.

How the rest of us see him via his new avatar.