Author Topic: head light adjuster  (Read 5944 times)

Offline ZRXwannabe

head light adjuster
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
I know this was covered in old forums but did a search here and didn't find anything. One of the knobs fell of my 08 and I was wondering if the new improved knob will fit or do I have to get the update kit. The 08 part # supercedes to a kit I'm assuming has the short cable and the updated knob. Any one know for sure.
2008 Concours
2000 ZRX1100
1987 Mojave
1972 CB450 ss (project)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: head light adjuster
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:35 PM »
The fix for the early headlight adjusting knobs is to tap (thread) the part the knob fits on, install the new knobs with screws and put plastic covers over the screwheads. This is done by dealers at no charge to the customer; it is not a 'recall' but a service bulletin. Go to any Kawasaki dealer and they will replace the knobs with the new type and modify the bike to accept them.

Brian

I know this was covered in old forums but did a search here and didn't find anything. One of the knobs fell of my 08 and I was wondering if the new improved knob will fit or do I have to get the update kit. The 08 part # supercedes to a kit I'm assuming has the short cable and the updated knob. Any one know for sure.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZRXwannabe

Re: head light adjuster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:53:49 PM »
Cool. I get ahold of them. Thanks.
2008 Concours
2000 ZRX1100
1987 Mojave
1972 CB450 ss (project)