Author Topic: appalachian trail  (Read 1967 times)

Offline yoman

appalachian trail
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:32:27 AM »
Being a long time backpacker and running out of friends who want to walk any distance carrying a pack, I was wondering if anyone has considered riding the appalachian trail? I don't mind solo backpacking but I think it is a bit risky for any length of time. I have been kicking around the idea of paralleling the AT on the Connie. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tom
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: appalachian trail
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »
I've had the same thought for the same reasons. You could day hike from road crossings.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
Wow! People still do this?
I thought it was just a euphemism for extra-marital relations...
'02 C-10

Offline yoman

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
Being from the midwest, I was thinking maybe doing it in two trips. One from the mid-piont north and another south. Ron, maybe if interested we could hike some ride some and not worry about completing the whole thing.

Just throwing around some ideas.
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:06:59 PM »
Being a long time backpacker and running out of friends who want to walk any distance carrying a pack, I was wondering if anyone has considered riding the appalachian trail? I don't mind solo backpacking but I think it is a bit risky for any length of time. I have been kicking around the idea of paralleling the AT on the Connie. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tom

Why is it risky nowadays??..I mean new risks or the same one ones from late 70's....I had several friends do it but I was more of a winter guy(not as much hiking ;D)
 .Mike

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline yoman

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »
Same risks, more responsibilities.
2002 Semi-naked Connie