Author Topic: Trying to find magnetic base for Fieldsheer Eiffel 2  (Read 2216 times)

Offline kzz1king

Trying to find magnetic base for Fieldsheer Eiffel 2
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
I bought one on sale to try out a tank bag. I love the concept and the bag but would like a magnetic base. Cant seem to find a base only. By the way Motorcycle superstore has them on sale for $35. Nice, big bag.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline sas mayhem

Re: Trying to find magnetic base for Fieldsheer Eiffel 2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
What I did, was took a razor and opened up the seam on the stapon base just large enough to inserted 3 rare earth magnets. Two up front and one in the back.   And then sealed it shut.   Works like a champ.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:35 PM »
What I did, was took a razor and opened up the seam on the stapon base just large enough to inserted 3 rare earth magnets. Two up front and one in the back.   And then sealed it shut.   Works like a champ.

Cheers
Ron

If I hadn't bought a new Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic bag, I'd be all over this bag ($39.99 from Motorcycle Superstore) and do just exactly what was posted above. :thumbs:  I was thinking of using six (6), two centered underneath Fore & Aft and one in each corner.  Using both bags loaded can get pretty heavy.  Just a thought. :chugbeer:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
Thanks, I think I will give that a try. I like the bag a lot but when it is packed to the max it moves around a bit. Magnets should help that in conjunction with the straps.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »
Thanks, I think I will give that a try. I like the bag a lot but when it is packed to the max it moves around a bit. Magnets should help that in conjunction with the straps.
Wayne

Although there is nothing wrong with using both, I bet if you get the right magnets you won't need to mess with the straps.  I wont move at all.  ;)
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....