Author Topic: A New Chapter  (Read 1840 times)

Offline MIST

A New Chapter
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
Excited, yet nervous. A little background; Back in early 2010 I traded a 2010 K13S for a 2010 R12RT in anticipation of doing a little bit of light touring. The RT was a little bit too tame so that was traded for a 2010 C14 ABS in October 2010. The C14 has been a great motorcycle for nearly two years now but the light touring that was anticipated didn't work out. I like it, but it doesn't put the smile on my face that the K13S always did.

Now to present day; I ride a Kawasaki, but my local BMW / Ducati / Triumph dealership has always been "home" to me. They currently have a pre-owned '09 K13S on the floor in nice shape with nearly 11K miles. Took it for a test ride on Saturday and that set the wheels (pun intended) in motion. I believed they'd never offer me enough in trade to make it worth my while, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Before leaving the dealership I signed on the bottom line, trading my Concours for a '13 K13S. It's scheduled to arrive in the USA on 09/01, then on a slow truck to the dealership. Funny how history repeats itself.

The C14 is truly a great motorcycle, but I believe I'll be happier with the K13S. Thanks to all in here that make everyone feel welcome and have been gracious enough to share the vast amount of knowledge and experience. I'm sure I'll duck in here from time to time just to check things out.
Mike
'10 C14ABS

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: A New Chapter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
Congrats on your new bike. 

I have 60,000 + miles on my 2010 C14, if it would ever give me a HINT of breaking I'd consider a beamer.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: A New Chapter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:42 AM »
congrats on the new bike! Back to roots, uh? I drive a K13S from time to time and love the engine grunt and gearing, much shorter than the C14. But I do a lot of sport-touring and the buzz of the beemer drives me mad, the load on the wrists hurts, the slack in the transmision unsettles the chassis too much in the curves and the steering radius rivals the rings of Saturn. Not to mention I keep hitting that clutch cover on the right with my shin.
Now that I re-read the post, it looks like a lot of bashing, but I really believe that if this or any bike is the one that makes you smile, then that is exactly the one you should have.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.