Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191857 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »
That's the whole point, isn't it?  It's insurance and piece of mind.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »
Yep, just like a spare tire.... we all have them, not too many of us actually use them and all of us hope to not use them.

This is one of those things that does not enhance the bike, is nothing you can point out, and certainly will not amuse the bike owner nor others like a lot of other, shinier farkles do. But maybe, just maybe, it could save a LOT of really nasty words followed by a [walk, taxi ride, friend picking you up] and having the bike towed.

Brian

I have this mod and haven't needed it, yet.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »

Exactly!
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

Think of how much easier it is to install Canyon Cages when the bike is laid out right there in front of you on it's side.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
Question regarding care and feeding of the stoveknob and its scurrilous spring -- will using a lockset lubricant keep things more or less springy?

See
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=110
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17864
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16380
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=15286
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2015, 07:17:54 PM »
Brian, I bought one the first  units you made. WHY?

When you get this bike, there is a certain percentage of failure with this spring....5%, 10% who knows.

However, becoming aware of the issue makes this number double. 

Becoming aware of this possible issue, and doing nothing, makes this number double again.

Go out and look at your bike, in the safety of your garage. Decide which towing company you'd call, and how exactly you could strap it to a tow vehicle without damage.

I know we cant guarantee never breaking down. Still,...

I dont remember how much money I paid for my harness. However, when I walk towards the bike after I've parked it at the top of  a canyon, and the phone says "No service", its nice to know the ignition barrel issue wont stop me. For me, that is like paying for  a spare tire and its well worth whatever I had to pay.

If these thigns were 5000.00, then sure, we could talk about it.  When you buy a piece of emergency equipment, and can forget the price, its a good deal.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2015, 12:54:57 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. And yep, they are not $500 but $50, including postage.

Some people ask me if they can store the bypass on the bike and then actually install it if / when needed. Of course that could be done but it rather defeats the purpose of the bypass in the first place, which is to provide an easy, quick and absolute solution to a stuck activation switch. I think it is much, much easier to install the bypass in a few minutes of spare time, in the garage or wherever the owner normally stores the bike, where there is decent light, instructions and no urgency. And the second part of that is basically what you said; the whole purpose of the bypass is to absolutely put it out of the C-14's owner's mind as even a sliver of worry so installing it on the bike and forgetting about it (until needed) is the best way to go.

Brian

Brian, I bought one the first  units you made. WHY?

When you get this bike, there is a certain percentage of failure with this spring....5%, 10% who knows.

However, becoming aware of the issue makes this number double. 

Becoming aware of this possible issue, and doing nothing, makes this number double again.

Go out and look at your bike, in the safety of your garage. Decide which towing company you'd call, and how exactly you could strap it to a tow vehicle without damage.

I know we cant guarantee never breaking down. Still,...

I dont remember how much money I paid for my harness. However, when I walk towards the bike after I've parked it at the top of  a canyon, and the phone says "No service", its nice to know the ignition barrel issue wont stop me. For me, that is like paying for  a spare tire and its well worth whatever I had to pay.

If these thigns were 5000.00, then sure, we could talk about it.  When you buy a piece of emergency equipment, and can forget the price, its a good deal.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline EZ

« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
Brian, are you still fabricating units for purchase?

Sorry, just noticed the website.

Thanks
Norman

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »
No problem, and the answer is yes I am still making them. I also happen to have some in stock at the moment and will ship the morning after the order is placed.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions before you purchase; you can post any question(s) publicly, in this thread if you choose, or e- mail me directly and I will get back to you (my e-mail is the icon just under my avatar at the top / left of any of my posts).

Brian

Thanks
Norman

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »
What year C-14 do you have Norman? Or are you buying this for a friend.... ?

;D

Brian

Thanks
Norman

Offline EZ

« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »
Its an 09'  I just ordered from your site and it did not ask for specific year?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
Yes, I received the order and the circuit will go out tomorrow morning.

The reason I asked what year is that I have a question about the 2015 model specifically. It has nothing to do with the KiPass activation switch bypass, but anyone installing a bypass will have the answer to my question, at least after he / she installs it.

Brian

Its an 09'  I just ordered from your site and it did not ask for specific year?

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »

This comment just made me realize it's probably wise to stow two ratchet straps on your bike, ones you'd trust to secure your bike on a tow truck.

More cheap insurance.

Offline EZ

« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2016, 05:07:48 PM »
Finally had a chance to install. Very trick little deal. For anyone wondering, a blind monkey could install this in about 10 minutes.  If you didn't know better you would think this was an OE part. Nicely done Brian  :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
Thanks very much for the kind words.

I did try to make it as 'slick and easy' as possible, and it is a point of pride that I do my utmost to use the best parts, materials and assembly techniques that I possibly can. My hope is that my little farkles are still waterproof and working as new long after the vehicle itself has been scrapped.

If you like the install of this circuit, you should see the low fuel warning eliminator; not a single tool or even a mild curse- word required.  ;D

Thanks again for the compliment about the product!

Brian

Finally had a chance to install. Very trick little deal. For anyone wondering, a blind monkey could install this in about 10 minutes.  If you didn't know better you would think this was an OE part. Nicely done Brian  :chugbeer:

Conair

« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
Yah Kipass  great idea! If its so wonderful why is all this necessary? Love my bike ,I belong to the fob hater club!! ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
It's the switch hanging up.  Has nothing to do with the fob.  You need to join the switch hater club.  If you want to discuss the switch issue, start  a new thread, please.  BTW, this did happen to me twice early on.  I have his bypass and have never had to use it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2016, 02:13:59 AM »
Order placed via website/PayPal  for both the Kia Bypass and the lo-fuel bypass.
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline robval1987

« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2016, 07:10:06 AM »
Ok first of I just purchased a 2010 Concours on my Birthday Tuesday down in Lewisville Tx. Took it for a test drive and I love this bike, loaded it up on the trailer and headed home. Somehow, somewhere I was able to lose the only key fob that came with the bike between the Dealer and my Driveway. Took the bike to my local dealer to order another (new keyfob, with blank spare key, and the emergency fob and blank spare key for it) so now just short of $570, they had the parts overnighter and today they will program the new key fobs and I'll have the keys cut by the locksmith that was able to pick the lock on the pan to get to the owners manual (that luckily had the key number wrote in it). So I've heard that there is a bypass switch and I would like to order one can someone lead me in that direction please. Having a keyfob is great and all, but I don't want to ever be left stuck again if keyfob is lost or missing.
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2016, 08:00:05 AM »
How did you get the bike to the dealer?