Author Topic: Well I finally made it to the dragon.....  (Read 3367 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Well I finally made it to the dragon.....
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »
Well, I finally made it to the Tail of the Dargon last week end, and the entire 4  day trip was a blast.  My fisrt stop from  Raligh NC was an over nighter in Marion NC, about 3.5 hours away were my butt savior was Louie (aka Gpzroker) resides at.  He was kind enough to let me borrow and later purchase one of his Corbins, and now my butt is happy. I can ride alot further and much more comfortable than before, thank Louie  :thumbs:.  The next day I rolled into Robinsonville which is about 20 short of the beginnig of the Dragon. Very motorcycle friendly place. That afternoon I did two rides on the Dragon and thoughly enjoyed myself.  I met up with a nice couple from out of state that was riding two up on a HD, it was there first time there too. In fact everyone I met in that whole area was very nice  The Dragon is not hard you really just have to make sure you don't ride past your limitations and stay on your side of the yellow line, and check six so you can pull over if a faster rider is on your tail.  Now once you do the Dragon there are plenty of real nice if not nicer roads out there. The http://www.cherohala.com/ skyway and NC 360 I think where more enjoyable. thats about a 5 hour loop with very light traffic. When I was on the skyway about 40+ miles long I saw only 3 cars and that was at the tail end of the skyway, but be very careful, it's a 5300 ft drop, and if no one see you go over you will most likely be a fossil by the time your found.
There are some reveiws I really need to write on like a long term AVON Venom and Ultra II I have one my bike. I'll post pics soon

Cheers
Ron

09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline mlf73

Re: Well I finally made it to the dragon.....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »
Hey Ron!  Glad to hear you made it and had a good time.  I'm sorry I didn't get to make the ride out there with you.  That jury duty screwed me over.....I almost got stuck on a capital murder case that would have lasted a month or more!  Maybe next time I can make it on a ride with you.
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »
Hey Ron!  Glad to hear you made it and had a good time.  I'm sorry I didn't get to make the ride out there with you.  That jury duty screwed me over.....I almost got stuck on a capital murder case that would have lasted a month or more!  Maybe next time I can make it on a ride with you.

Thanks mlf73, I understand.... life happens. I'm planning on going back up around October sometime when the leafs start to change.  but I'll give you a heads up.

09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »
And here goes some pics I took in my travels.

This is at the beginning of the Dragon. It was a mecca of all types of bikes and people from every state and country.

At a pull off on the Cherohala I was very humbled at the surrounding beauty

yet another

And your truly with the Tree of Shame behind me...

Cheers
Ron

09 Connie

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:50:49 AM »
And more pics

This a a couple I met on my travels, it was there first time on the Dragon too.... super nice people they rode the HD 

And more bikes......

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
Nice bike Ron, sounds like a great trip.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
Thanks 556ALPHA, I'm planning on another trip in October when the leaves start to change....
09 Connie

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
Sure you are not interested in Sept, maybe around the 17th? Might be a good ride going on then.  2 months with no mountains will flat spot that tire more....

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:46:02 AM »
I love it down there too, glad you enjoyed yourself. The old girl looks pretty good against all the beautiful background too! :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »
Make sure next time you come in either sept or oct (In oct it'll be getting colder, especially up on the skyway, might be closing it that time of the year) you let us know.  I'm local to and we can meet up and ride a bit!

Offline J.R.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
I was there this last weekend as well.  Still working on the ride report...work keeps getting in the way :lol:

Jim
2016 C14 "Kristi"