Author Topic: Buying a C14 or R1200RT tomorrow  (Read 43386 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Re: Buying a C14 or R1200RT tomorrow
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »
That's a good deal for one of us on the other side of the country. Very good deal.
Joel from Maine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2011, 04:28:22 PM »
if you are looking for a motorcycle as an investment, you are looking at the wrong one.

Pretty much NO new motor vehicle is ever an "investment".  It is just an expense.  Perhaps if you get into some rare antique stuff, one might expect appreciation.  But I stress the word "rare".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DaveO

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
My 2009 K1300GT is in the shop now at 16,778 miles getting it's first final drive replacement. Thankfully it's still under warranty.

My 2005 1150RT got it's first final drive replaced at 28,000 unfortunately it was outside of the 36 month warranty and did I mention I was in Nova ****** Scotia?

I bought my first Connie 14 two days after I dropped the GT off for repair. Lesson learned.

Lets watch the language, guys.....VJ

i dont understand the thinking that german engineering/build  is superior.
We have some german equipment and machines at work .They break down often.
I dont even  want to fool with BMW motorcycles.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I've wondered about that as well....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Tim

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
Pretty much NO new motor vehicle is ever an "investment".  It is just an expense.  Perhaps if you get into some rare antique stuff, one might expect appreciation.  But I stress the word "rare".

Oh I would think there are a few of us kicking our back sides for not buying some of the old gas hogs of our youth. Corba Jets, Hemi Cuda's etc.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2011, 07:12:17 PM »
Yep. :(
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2011, 08:34:26 PM »
Oh I would think there are a few of us kicking our back sides for not buying some of the old gas hogs of our youth. Corba Jets, Hemi Cuda's etc.

I'm not so sure.  Do the math on a 40 year old car- with expenses like maintenance, insurance etc.  Then look up how much you would have made on an investment in the market in the same 40 years.  The old rule of thumb is you can double your money every seven years (last 3 years an anomaly).

Granted, the cars would be more fun, but most people who make money on cars don't drive them.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline eng943

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2012, 04:11:44 AM »
I've owned a 2010 RT, and I have to say that is one of the nicest bikes I've ever owned. In fact, I liked it better than my K1600GT in many ways.

It is quite light for a touring or sport touring motorcycle, which is something I really appreciate. The handling on the RT and the manner in which I could toss that bike around in corners is nothing short of amazing! It truly has sport bike like handling, and is also docile and stable at triple digits speeds.

The RT is not the speedster that the K16, or C14 are, but honestly, it's no slouch either, and is very torquey down low. I had a ball with my RT at Deals Gap!!

Enjoy them both!
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
I am buying a C14 or BMW R1200RT tomorrow. I can't decide which to get as both motorcycles seem to be great, yet different from each other.

So you're buying one of them tomorrow but still undecided?? Maybe some test rides and research is in order Kurt...  ???

Well, today was the day I was going to buy a motorcycle...

I took both the R1200RT and the C14 out on test rides along the same stretch of roads. In my opinion, the bikes are totally different; the C14 clearly sporty, while the RT more tour oriented. There was a surprising amount of wind noise on the C14 along with upper body heat (that surprised me, had not read about that in 2011). But the power and smoothness the bike has is contagious and makes you have to have the bike!

I rode the RT and fell in love. It is quiet, comfortable, has plenty of power, and handles well.

Truly I could not decide which to buy. So I bought both!! :)

PICS PICS PICS

Doesnt make any sense to me.  :o   

WHATEVER! 

I call B@11$H177!!

I am pretty skeptical too, myself.  There are some appreciable differences between the two bikes, but they are way too similar in most ways to possibly justify buying both of them.  Just doesn't make any sense at all.

Hey Kurt I call BS and would like to see a pic. 

Just saying!

Pics, Pics, Pics. We need to see some pics. Without pics nothing is real...  ;D

Some would claim it is a hoax, since no pictures have ever been posted..... ;)
(I wanna see him next to BOTH!)

+1

+2...

no pics, didn't happen.

Just checking back in on this thread, we never saw any pics, any update?