Author Topic: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours  (Read 9743 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2022, 06:23:06 PM »
BigRed :

A guy ( T800XC ) on the Triumph Trophy Forum has got the MX sensor to work on his Triumph but he said the stem diameter of the MX sensor is different than the Triumph stem diameter.

Is this an issue on the Concours ??

The metal stem MX sensor fits perfect.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2022, 07:06:29 AM »
That's very good to know - thanks for your reply.

Just saw on the Trophy Forum T800XC is going to fit a AUTEL MX sensor to a Triumph rim today and test the sensor on the bike.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2023, 05:10:38 PM »
This is the id I got using this tool. I had to choose a vehicle so I chose the Mazd ::)a 3. This is the old style. I could not get a read on the front.. i tried warming up the tire thinking the battery may be low but could get nothing. The front is the later style. Not sure if I have learned anything
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2023, 09:34:50 PM »
This is the number on the sensor
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2023, 07:50:36 AM »
KZZ, so you're reading the sensor you took the pic of and it's transmitting a different ID code?
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2023, 09:18:01 AM »
Yes. I tried to read it again later, twice. I got the pressure but no temp or id.
At this point I am going to have a autel sensor on hand when I pull the front wheel for a tire change this spring and Hope I can
Pull a number from it.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
The 315mHz ID is supposed to be the one that is programmed into the bike. I just went back and checked mine to verify. I would try the code on the sticker first, then if that doesn't work, try the one you pulled with the scanner second. Upside is they're reprogrammable, so nothing really lost.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2023, 07:42:22 PM »
Yep, thats my plan. The one with the sticker is the old sstule sothat one is good. The front one is the new style so I hope I can get a number off it. Wished I would have looked at it before. .Thanks
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2023, 05:03:24 PM »
Mystery solved! The old sensor was in the front, so the id I had a pic of was for the front not the rear. My reading may be correct!
I pulled the tire to the side and removed the front today. Installed a new battery and tested it with the twirling method. Autel is on the way. Plan is to program it to the front and then test. If it works I will have a backup.  Sorry for the confusion and thanks for all the help.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2023, 12:07:56 PM »
Awesome. Hope it works well.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2023, 08:36:41 AM »
Keep you posted Red. Thanks
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2023, 07:17:45 PM »
I put a new battery in the sensor. I could ping it and read it but I could not copy it to the Autel sensor. Took the machine home and updated it (my buddy said he has had it for awhile). Reread the stock sensor and copied to the new in a minute or two! It was so fun I rewrote it to the rear sensor. Not able to ride yet but I think I will be good to go.
I didnt realize that you dont need the bike on or even be neat it to ping it. This means if you have your sensors out and know someone in a tie shop you could just stop by with the old and new and get them programed.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2023, 04:30:03 PM »
Awesome. Glad it worked out!