Author Topic: Show us your twisties!  (Read 8882 times)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Re: Show us your twisties!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
A loop around Mt Evans, CO...both pics taken from the same spot...one facing West...the other facing East...at about 10,500 feet elevation...it's a thirty-mile loop that takes most of an hour at near the posted speeds...and it's right off I-70!
'02 C-10

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
i have been on this road!  but in a cage.....

the C14 will see it some day. 8)

Offline roger dodger

• Keep it between the ditches
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 07:46:45 AM »
We rode the Mt Evans road @ the COG National in '08.

A local on his new zx-14 was doing 'laps' up and down and repeat. He offered to show around and ended up @ his favorite pub! ;D
'03 FJR
'02 C10 (mia)
'81 KZ1000

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 11:34:49 PM »
Did ya say "Twisties"?  We did 250 miles in the mountains today...and this was just a slice of it!

Pic 1 shows that there is another set like this up the hill a quarter of a mile...if you can read the sign by the white pick-up...(pic taken from L arrow sign in pic 2)

Pic 2 shows how this thing drops away as you turn into it...(pic taken from near bike in pic 3)

Pic 3 shows how far it drops and how tight it is...(pic taken from L arrow sign in pic 2)

Pic 4 shows how peaceful the exit is...(pic taken from near bike in pic 3)

BTW...we were having intercom conversation this far apart with our UClears...crystal clear!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:35:28 AM by CRocker »
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 04:54:51 AM »
Did ya say "Twisties"?  250 miles in the mountains today...and this was just a slice of it!

Pic 1 shows that there is another set like this up the hill a quarter of a mile...if you can read the sign by the white pick-up...(pic taken from L arrow sign in pic 2)

Pic 2 shows how this thing drops away as you turn into it...(pic taken from near bike in pic 3)

Pic 3 shows how far it drops and how tight it is...(pic taken from L arrow sign in pic 2)

BTW...we were having intercom conversation this far apart with our UClears...crystal clear!

Nice!!!!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:33 AM »
wow just wow.......

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
Well, OK, I guess I can trust you folks to keep a secret...

Since there are twisties everywhere around me, and I like them all, here is my top secret tire testing loop, which is a couple miles from my front door.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=E+Crown+Point+Hwy/E+Historic+Columbia+River+Hwy&daddr=E+Larch+Mountain+Rd+to:E+Haines+Rd+to:45.531997,-122.290756&hl=en&geocode=FfzCtgId0vy1-A%3BFThztgId3na3-A%3BFSXHtgIdPFK3-A%3B&abauth=985a5871:NAydFr-_v8piZXaE2PXOnwxieEM&mra=mi&mrsp=3&sz=18&vps=1&jsv=346c&sll=45.532271,-122.290138&sspn=0.003318,0.003777&num=10 (switch to Sat or Ter view, and zoom out for additional views).

Almost never see a car, not many driveways, plenty of chances to grind the pegs.  It's just under a 20 mile run, with lots of quick elevation changes thrown in for added fun.  Remember, it's a secret, so don't tell anyone.  :)

If someone wants me to go on a ride with them, I'll either take them East on the Crown Point Highway (very scenic, lots of twisties and water falls), or south along the Sandy River, on Gordon Creek Road.  Frankly, there's so many options around here, I make it a point to avoid the interstates whenever possible.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
Brad, are these pics on 74 going up to Evergreen?

Did ya say "Twisties"?  250 miles in the mountains today...and this was just a slice of it!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
Brad, are these pics on 74 going up to Evergreen?

no
'02 C-10

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »
Did ya say "Twisties"?  We did 250 miles in the mountains today...and this was just a slice of it!

I rode that same stretch of road just last week with Rick Hall. Amazing road. It's got plenty of really tight sections which I really enjoy. You have some wonderful roads out there with equally amazing scenery. Thanks for posting those pics.
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »
I rode that same stretch of road just last week with Rick Hall. Amazing road. It's got plenty of really tight sections which I really enjoy. You have some wonderful roads out there with equally amazing scenery. Thanks for posting those pics.

Heard you were out here tearing up the pavement!  Hope you had a good time!  Great riding!
'02 C-10

Offline jim04092

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
Chief Joseph Hwy in Wyoming.

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 07:22:47 PM »

from all the guys in KS, and MO......you are a dick sir..............

jealousy is a bitch.........

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

Uhh...I think his name is Jim...

And, I hope to make that highway a ride this summer...looks great!!
'02 C-10

Offline jim04092

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:28 PM »
Well I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Made that ride last week on my way to Yellowstone. Very windy, but it was a thrill, everything where I live is flat. Not to much above sea level down here.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »
How do you guys put google maps into your posts?
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 04:50:17 AM »

Wow!!!! That's beautiful!

This guy from Illinois says the same thing.   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn