Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303087 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
What are we going to do with you?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »
Neil Cavuto..
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:28 PM »
Yankee baseball on the YES Network..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Conrad

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2014, 05:14:55 AM »
A show about Malkovich riding a Harley? Don't see the attraction.

Wait till you see him swing his sword! Jim might get some pointers...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2014, 05:43:38 AM »
Just watched "A million ways  to Die in the West".....for some reason the stupid movie had me dying laughing....
I Read More than i Post.

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
Fox and Freinds..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
Hey, tap into the digital stream that is today's world and watch anything (almost) you want. I am working on 'The Outer Limits' right now (the OE series, not that later thing).

And as of last night, 'The Killing' is out too.... even Kirby is excited about that one!

Brian

Hey Brian, what are you talking about here? The Killing wasn't renewed for this season. Are you watching last season's episodes?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2014, 07:40:09 AM »
Right but then Netflix picked it up for a short season to end the series. There are six episodes made in 2014 that were released last week (you know Netflix, the whole thing was released on the same date). And I think it really did end the series too- my wife was hoping for the series being revived but I don't think they left it is a position for that.

Just finished watching the last episode last night- simply outstanding. Very nicely done, excellent guest star that this season pivoted around (Joan Allen). I series was very good but the last six were superb IMO. Maybe the best TV evah.... next to Breaking Bad of course :-)

Brian

Hey Brian, what are you talking about here? The Killing wasn't renewed for this season. Are you watching last season's episodes?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
I saw an amazing thing: watching the director's cut of Alien (which is outstanding by the way- Blu-ray and remastered from the film) and saw something I never new before: Aliens introduced us to the part where the Aliens cocoon people and, er, invest them with more Aliens. But that is not true: Alien has a scene in Nostromo where Dallas and someone else are trapped in that resin mess they make and.... incubating. So all these years I thought that it was James Cameron who conjured up that part of the Alien concept but it was really Ridley Scott in the very first film.

Watching the longer cut of Aliens now and that too has a bunch of footage that was cut out of the theatrical release. But of course it does, Cameron's movies are typically 30, 40 hours long AFTER he edits them. So putting scenes back IN should be no problem. :-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
Being Poirot last Thursday on PBS.  Haven't quite finished it but it made me laugh and cry that the series has run it's course.   Only 25 years...a short run.  I loved the art deco architecture and themes in the early part of the series.  David Suchet is an incredible actor and really brought Poirot to the point of being a living person.  It was also the first British detective series we started watching which drew us in to Inspector Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Endeavour, and Inspector Morse.  And then on to Doc Martin and others.  If you haven't watched any of those British shows, the cinematography is quite remarkable.  Puts our stuff to shame.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »
Sorry Jim, just can't do English TV as a general rule. I either 1) don't get it (Dr. Who), don't find it funny (<most> of Monty Python, 108% of Benny Hill) and can just not get into the period pieces like Downton Abbey. In fact, I was starting a fire in the stove one night while my wife was watching that show and 'got some on me'- it was awful. Never was a fan of Hitchcock either; not the series nor most of his movies.

To be fair, I am a big fan of Ridley Scott though.

Interesting how our interests and views can be so different, huh?

Brian

Being Poirot last Thursday on PBS.  Haven't quite finished it but it made me laugh and cry that the series has run it's course.   Only 25 years...a short run.  I loved the art deco architecture and themes in the early part of the series.  David Suchet is an incredible actor and really brought Poirot to the point of being a living person.  It was also the first British detective series we started watching which drew us in to Inspector Lewis, Midsomer Murders, Endeavour, and Inspector Morse.  And then on to Doc Martin and others.  If you haven't watched any of those British shows, the cinematography is quite remarkable.  Puts our stuff to shame.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »
I do like Dr. Who (see signature) and Monty Python...  Downton Abbey totally in agreement with you...  Not a big fan of Hitchcock either.  I must say that I love British humour, always have.  There's quite a few shows over there I won't watch at all.  Some of the detective shows I can't get into either.  I've always said that if you start watching something British (like a movie) part way in, there's no figuring out what's going on.  But there's quite a few popular shows over here I won't watch either...thought they were stupid like most of the scifi stuff on now, Walking Dead, Orange is the new Black, and Breaking Bad to name a few.  In fact, the more popular a show or movie is, typically I won't watch it.  There are exceptions of course..

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »
Seven Days in Utopia.

Yes, i know it's a golf story, but I've taken many a motorcycle ride to Utopia and eaten breakfast in that diner. It's the best place to start a Hill Country ride on the Three Twisted Sisters.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »
Carole King and James Taylor live at the Troubadour....another show getting me misty eyed..

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
Nationwide race from Watkins Glen..

I should have made the short trip up there and watched live and in person..  ::)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
Started watching the HBO series Pacific. Similar to Band of Brothers but about a group of Marines starting at Guadalcanal. Not as good as Band of Brothers IMO but still very good.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
Watched the movie Disconnect last night.

Powerful and VERY well done. I give it 8 outta 10.    :thumbs:

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »
Rhino, read the books the series is based on "Helmet for my Pillow" and I think its "With the Old Guard". Agreed, not as good as BoB but ok.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »
Rhino, read the books the series is based on "Helmet for my Pillow" and I think its "With the Old Guard". Agreed, not as good as BoB but ok.

Thanks! Just downloaded both books on my kindle.

I've now watched through episode 4. It's getting better. I think one of the things that make BoB such a great film is that you get to know the people a little and really begin to care about them from the start. With Pacific it takes a few episodes. But in both it gives me chills knowing these are the accounts of real people that actually when through that.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
Watched the movie Disconnect last night.

Powerful and VERY well done. I give it 8 outta 10.    :thumbs:

Found it on HBO GO. I'll give it a try. Thanks,