Author Topic: Stupid criminals  (Read 7339 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Stupid criminals
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Every single person who voted for either of the two electable candidates absolutely was a criminal.

Whew- I am safe.  I just voted AGAINST someone and not really FOR anyone!  Of course, it seems like I have to do that a lot.  Since we have no form of instant runoff voting, my vote doesn't matter at all, anyway (especially in state, local, and Federal Congressional elections).

Pinch your nose and press the touchscreen and move on.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 02:45:12 PM »
Yeah, I believe I am in the highest ratio state in the union, and if not it is very close. So my vote (on the national level) is either a 'me too' or 'did anyone else hear a noise'. The Electoral college just dismisses me because I am, so far in this lifetime, on the narrow minority side of those voting for that office. And again, I am in a state that will invariably elect a particular party's candidates to national office.

I am just starting to participate on state level politics (showing up for legislation consideration, throwing in my 'vote' on matters before the state legislature and similar) and am finding it surprisingly effective. The reason is simple: the huge majority of the population do not participate so a literal handful of people can either directly make a difference or rile up enough people that will support a specific side to have an impact. And on some level, just being another warm body waving the proverbial flag in favor of or against something. And I have to say, it is really pretty easy to rile up quite a few people if one simply puts the bait in the correct pond. It ain't right and it ain't fair but it is the system we have.

Brian

Whew- I am safe.  I just voted AGAINST someone and not really FOR anyone!  Of course, it seems like I have to do that a lot.  Since we have no form of instant runoff voting, my vote doesn't matter at all, anyway (especially in state, local, and Federal Congressional elections).

Pinch your nose and press the touchscreen and move on.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/21/texas-man-tries-to-plant-bomb-on-confederate-statue-officials-say.html

Texas man tries to plant bomb on Confederate statue, officials say

A Texas man was arrested Monday after he allegedly tried to destroy a Confederate statue in a park during the weekend by planting explosives, federal officials said.

Andrew Schneck, 25, was charged with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property receiving federal financial assistance. A Houston park ranger spotted Schneck Saturday night in Hermann Park in Houston kneeling near the statue of Richard Dowling, a lieutenant in the Confederate army.

The ranger confronted Schneck, who had two boxes that contained duct tape and wires and a bottle of liquid containing a "highly explosive compound," authorities said.

"ln its undiluted form, [nitroglycerin] is one of the world's most powerful explosives," federal authorities said.

Schneck allegedly tried to drink the liquid before ultimately spitting it out, according to The Houston Chronicle.

Schneck previously received five years of probation after pleading guilty in 2014 to improperly storing explosive materials.

That's good thinking on Mr. Schneck's part. Get rid of the evidence by drinking it.    ::)

Talk about indigestion...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
Would have been a good time to slap him in the mouth with a nightstick.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 12:41:48 PM »
A very long night stick.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 04:05:22 PM »
And on that topic, two localities here in VA are trying to ban legally carried firearms at "demonstrations."  Of course that is :

1) Unconstitutional Federally (but nobody cares)
2) Unconstitutional based on the the Virginia Constitution (but nobody seems to either know and/or care)
3) Against State Law, which clearly says localities can't pass ANY gun control laws of any type (a "preemption")

And I suppose it doesn't compute with these people that the one person MURDERED at the demonstration was done so WITH A CAR (sound familiar?)

The VCDL is going to both localities to "inform" both city councils that what they are trying to do is illegal and ALSO doesn't even make sense.

The drama continues....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 05:09:23 AM »
A Killer Got Caught Because She Posted a Selfie That Showed an Incriminating Clue

Police in Canada say a Facebook selfie led to the conviction of a 21-year-old-woman who killed her friend in 2015 — by showing her wearing the weapon used in the crime.

Cheyenne Rose Antoine was identified as a suspect on the basis of a selfie in which she posed beside 18-year-old victim Brittany Gargol, Canada’s CBC News reports. Gargol’s strangled body was discovered near a landfill on the outskirts of Saskatoon two years ago.

In the photo — reportedly taken hours before Gargol’s death — Antoine can be seen wearing a belt that was found near Gargol’s body.

Antoine pled guilty to Gargol’s murder Monday, and received a seven-year sentence for manslaughter. According to prosecutors, she had also used Facebook posts to attempt to cover her tracks.

In court, Antoine said Gargol had been her best friend; on the day of the killing the pair gone out drinking and got into an argument. CBC reports that Antoine did not dispute killing Gargol, but said she could not remember strangling her.

Antoine said she would “never forgive” herself for Gargol’s death in a statement delivered through her lawyer. “Nothing I say or do will ever bring her back. I am very, very sorry,” she said.

Manslaughter for killing her best friend? I wonder how she treated the people she didn't like much?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:08 AM »
With friends like that.....  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 06:52:23 AM »
Indiana man walks 351 miles to Wisconsin to have sex with teen, finds undercover cop instead

(NBC) — An Indiana man walked 351 miles to Wisconsin to have sex with a 14-year-old girl — who turned out to be an undercover cop, authorities said.

Authorities arrested Tommy Lee Jenkins, 32, on Thursday. Jenkins faces charges of using a computer to persuade, induce or entice a minor to engage in unlawful sexual activity.

Jenkins began contacting what he believed was a 14-year-old girl named “Kylee” on Oct. 1 after responding to a friend request on Facebook from an account the police had made, according to the office of United States Attorney Matthew D. Krueger of the Eastern District of Wisconsin.

After asking for sexually explicit photos of “Kylee” and failing to convince her to visit him in Indiana, Jenkins began walking from Whitestown, about 30 miles northwest of Indianapolis, to Neenah, Wisconsin, occasionally biking or catching a bus on the way, officials said.

Jenkins sent a sexually explicit photo to “Kylee,” exchanged lewd messages, and updated her on his journey to Wisconsin. Jenkins texted “Kylee” that he wanted to “have 500 kids before we are with GOD,” according to the criminal complaint.

But “Kylee” was actually a Sheriff’s Deputy who was there to arrest Jenkins when he arrived.

Jenkins faces a minimum sentence of 10 years in jail, and up to a lifetime of imprisonment, the U.S. Attorney said. It is not yet clear if he has appeared before a judge. He previously was accused of sexually assaulting young children, according to the Oshkosh Northwestern, and was sentenced to four years or probation for four counts of child abuse in 2012.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »
 >:(   WoW! probation for child abuse...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »
>:(   WoW! probation for child abuse...

probably because they didn't want to have to spend money for his funeral, if they put him in prison... because he wouldn't last one week there.. of course, the prisoners would always "dig a hole" to chuck him into after they beat him to death, for free...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2019, 06:33:20 AM »
Indiana police say man's paper license plate in crayon led to car theft arrest

A homemade paper license plate scrawled in crayon on a grocery bag led to the arrest in Indiana of a man in a stolen car.

Initially, Indiana troopers thought Joshua Lewis-Brown was a 20-year-old stranded motorist from New York in need of a tow after blowing a tire Friday afternoon on I-80 near Angola.

“Trooper (Craig) Woodcox was preparing to oblige Brown in his request, however the fictitious homemade paper license plate ‘DJ39RK’ handwritten in crayon on a grocery bag raised obvious suspicion and led to further investigation,” said Sgt. Brian Walker, an Indiana State Police spokesman.

Mugshot for Joshua Lewis-Brown, 20. (Indiana State Police )

After conducting a vehicle identification number check, Woodcox discovered Lewis-Brown’s Toyota Corolla had been reported stolen the day before out of State College, Pa., Walker said.

Troopers also found that Lewis-Brown had never been licensed to operate a motor vehicle in any state, and was on probation for grand larceny, the spokesman said.

Lewis-Brown was jailed on charges of possession of stolen property and operating without a license. He also faces charges in Pennsylvania.

Another trooper contacted Pennsylvania authorities and was told the Toyota was stolen when the owner left the engine running as he ran into a grocery store.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
Criminals aren't very smart. If they were they would know its smarter to make an honest living.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »
A Chicago woman and an adolescent accomplice are facing charges after prosecutors say they broke into an apartment Thursday evening and, during the ensuing scuffle over a boyfriend, accidentally stabbed themselves.

Nyla D. Brackett, 19, of the 8800 block of South Throop Street, Chicago, is charged with home invasion, mob action, criminal trespass to residence and assault after she and a juvenile person broke into a home in the 900 block of Greenbrier Road in DeKalb, said DeKalb County Assistant State's Attorney Alesandra Friend during Brackett's bond hearing Friday.

Brackett appeared before DeKalb County Circuit Court Judge Phillip Montgomery on the charges. He granted her a $5,000 recognizance bond, and ordered her to be placed on electronic home monitoring with no contact with the victim.

If convicted of the most serious crime, home invasion, Brackett could serve up to 60 years in prison.

The stabbing and home invasion occurred around 7 p.m. Thursday night, at which time Friend said Brackett and the young person accompanying her went to the home and started banging on the door. The young person accompanying her was armed with a knife and started stabbing the door also, she said.

The victim who's home it was opened the door to see what was going on and Brackett and the teen barged in swinging the knife, Friend said.

As a scuffle ensued, the victim pepper sprayed Brackett and the teen, who then retreated to the hallway, Friend said.

"During which time the juvenile defendant was waving around a knife swinging wildly, at which time Ms. Brackett was stabbed by the knife as well as the co-defendant stabbed herself," Friend said.

From a Zoom call in the DeKalb County Jail during the bond hearing Friday, Bracket could be seen with bandages wrapped around both her hands and her left forearm.

DeKalb Acting Police Chief Bob Redel said Thursday night neither suffered serious stab injuries.

When Montgomery asked what gave rise to the incident, Friend said it was a "dispute over a boyfriend."

Brackett, who has no criminal history, is next set to appear for an arraignment Sept. 15 at 9:45 a.m.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2020, 08:15:52 AM »
Wow, that is a great testimonial for pepper spray :)