Author Topic: where to buy pickup coil?  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Silver Connie

where to buy pickup coil?
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:56 AM »
i need a pu coil. all my searches lead to ebay junk. lookin for a new one but cant find anything. these still available?

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
Re: where to buy pickup coil?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »
None on ebay? Try here http://www.ronayers.com/ use the microfiche lookup for stock parts.

2004 C10 RIP

Offline Summit670

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
Cheapcycleparts.com

I checked there but bought from local dealer because they matched price and had quicker shipping.  Like $115.
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline Silver Connie

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »
thanks but not lookin for ebay junk.

Offline Summit670

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »
Tonight I took a hammer to the old pickups.  Not much to fail inside those things, man they are solid, no moving parts that I could see.

What happened to me is one of the wires going into the pickup had worked loose over the years (1987 model) and when I started to take the coil apart (hacksaw) one wire more or less just fell out of where it goes into the pickup.  The other wire took some force to remove/break it.

Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline Silver Connie

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
yeh didnt look like much. maybe i could cut them apart and resolder. is it common for oil to be in that housing? when i removed the inspection cover about a teaspoon of oil ran out.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 05:19:15 AM »
.... is it common for oil to be in that housing? when i removed the inspection cover about a teaspoon of oil ran out.

Yes.... See that little chain thingie? That's the cam chain it's connected to the camshafts and they run in oil.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010