Author Topic: two brothers pipe  (Read 12402 times)

Offline 1jeep

two brothers pipe
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »
Ok, have any of you installed just a slip on and no other mods? I was thinking baout doing the two brothers slip on and then during the winter sending my ECU to guhl for a reflash. Will i have decel popping without a tuner? Should i assume that i will need a tuner regardless?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:00:37 PM by 1jeep »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: two brothers pipe
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
I did a Leo Vince slip on and the guhl reflash. I was going to block the pair valve hose but there was no need. Very little decel popping. I have no idea if 2 bros will have the popping or not but a simple fix if it does. You don't get any better performance with just a slip on but there were gains from the reflash. The thing the slip on does is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter (you will not believe how heavy the potato launcher is) and better sound IMO.

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 12:25:31 PM »
Two Bros slipon can and PCV with auto tune.  No popping.  Better response than stock, and this is a midrange mod more than a top end HP mod.  It does sound a lot better than stock.  And yes, substantial weight loss.

2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
thanks...im not really looking for more top end, but a tad more volume and some mid range would be welcomed...not to mention dumping that giant ugly tube.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
thanks...im not really looking for more top end, but a tad more volume and some mid range would be welcomed...not to mention dumping that giant ugly tube.

+1 on the ugly tube. The guhl will definitely give you better low and mid range.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
I've got an Area P (carbon fiber of course) and stock filter and stock tune.  I think I've heard the decel pop once.  Not enough for me to worry about it.  Some like the pop.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline johnryancook

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:05:40 PM »
I have the Two Brothers installed with no other mods.  And yes, it does pop.  I don't mind it though, I just had to get that giant exhaust off the bike.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »
Remus Hexacone here.
Subtle decel pop, freaking love it. Doesn't scare people but it's there. Just perfect for my taste.
And saved about 13 lbs.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 04:37:00 AM »
Tremendous weight savings over the stocker.  I can gain at least a 15 more pounds..!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »
Jim...i like how you think, winter is almost here, time for some extra insulation!

So my next question, would the guhl ecu reflash elimate the decel pop or is that only going to resolve the secondaries timing?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 05:58:48 AM »
Supposedly the decel pop can be resolved caveman fashion...

http://www.holeshot.com/Concours_c14/c14decel_inst.html

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:25 AM »
ive seen that, not sure i like the idea and would rather resolve it than put a band aid on the issue..or plug in the tube.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
Can guhl do a reflash that improves fuel economy?  I'd love to ride 250 miles before stopping for fuel.   ???
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »
For me a if i really wanted a fuel economy improvement it would begin with slowing down to almost the posted speed limits.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »
I find I get better gas mileage when I'm taking it easy, the weather is hot, and I'm running the stock 08 screen.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 02:39:19 PM »
For me a if i really wanted a fuel economy improvement it would begin with slowing down to almost the posted speed limits.

+1 But at times I find that very difficult.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
Can guhl do a reflash that improves fuel economy?  I'd love to ride 250 miles before stopping for fuel.   ???

Possibly, but remember that the fuel trims are very minor that they do... the main purpose is getting the secondary butterfly maps changed to something sane.  I doubt they could improve mileage much more than the existing "FEAM" that the bike already has (if you have a gen2).

I can already go 250 miles before stopping... but that is REALLY pushing it, and you have to drive very.... "calmly".  230 is much easier to attain.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 05:58:07 AM »
Possibly, but remember that the fuel trims are very minor that they do... the main purpose is getting the secondary butterfly maps changed to something sane.  I doubt they could improve mileage much more than the existing "FEAM" that the bike already has (if you have a gen2).

I can already go 250 miles before stopping... but that is REALLY pushing it, and you have to drive very.... "calmly".  230 is much easier to attain.

My low fuel starts annoying me at 180 miles.  On a trip I am usually running 15 over the speed limit when no one is around me.  I do need to add a detector to the bike.  I would pay for itself after one or two tickets.  Fortuanately, a mature rider in Hi-Viz gear gets a warning after all the paperwork checks out, unless it is a state trooper or a small town chief.  Many times I just get a momentary blue light flash telling me to slow it down.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »
My low fuel starts annoying me at 180 miles.  On a trip I am usually running 15 over the speed limit when no one is around me.  I do need to add a detector to the bike.  I would pay for itself after one or two tickets.  Fortuanately, a mature rider in Hi-Viz gear gets a warning after all the paperwork checks out, unless it is a state trooper or a small town chief.  Many times I just get a momentary blue light flash telling me to slow it down.

B.D.F. has a solution for that  ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »
My low fuel starts annoying me at 180 miles.

Yep, 180 to 185 before warning is pretty typical for me too.  That places your range (to the last drop) at approx 222 miles, which is not that unusual.  I believe 250 is attainable using FEAM (Fuel Economy Assistance Mode) and assuming you don't gun it, have a non-huge windshield, low weight, stick to under 70, filled it to the absolute max, are willing to ride to the last drop, etc, etc.   I don't recommend it, though... far to much work and too risky.  :)  Besides, life is just too short for riding to be work.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc