Author Topic: Getting Storm II Ultra/Venom combo, what are you running for tire pressures?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Charliedog

Will be installed next week.  The 110/80 front and 150/80 rear for my 2000.  I saw the tires before I had the wheels removed from the bike-what can I say, my son called me and wanted to ride down to Barber for the DMG races, and I noted the rear tire said max inflation 50 psi.  I don't think I'd go that high, but how about 42-44?  TIA

CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
I have the  Storm II and  I just got tire pressure monitors.  When tires get warm the pressure goes up quite a bit. It should go up 10% so here is where i am.
41 is what I have  up front and it  seems to be very close. I have  43 in the back and that  is too high (it goes up over 47.5 when riding) so I think 42 in the back maybe better.
Go with 40 front  - 42 back for now and I will do the same and let you know how mine works out. That should work.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Charliedog

Thanks for the info.  Just curious, what tire pressure monitors did you get?
CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Thanks for the info.  Just curious, what tire pressure monitors did you get?
I bought these.
I saw them as low as  $129 on Ebay  but they are gone now.
http://tinyurl.com/43kz4lr
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Dan

very nice..