Author Topic: C10 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!  (Read 179027 times)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: C10 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2013, 06:29:23 PM »
I just became a Connie owner of the super clean 2000 with only 7100 miles on her.  Not sure how long I will keep her because I am used to my Harley.  The seating position for my fat 300 lb ass is a bit uncomfortable.  Ordered risers, corbin seat and lowering pegs to see if that helps.

Did the same, Corbin, risers, lowering pegs. The Corbin takes some breaking in, but I like it. I'm 250 and was pressing the OEM flat to the seat pan. Good luck.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline pradsliff

• My Connie Blog
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »
I hate to do this to you all, but here is MyConnie on New Year's day 2013 in crisp, sunny Northern California.
Cheers,
Peter

2001 Concours “MyConnie”  •  blog: http://www.meandmyconnie.wordpress.com

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
Here's my '88...sporting  forks, wheels, final drive, and brakes off a '97...taking a break near the Roan Cliffs in Utah...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:26:03 PM by CRocker »
'02 C-10

Offline atye

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
My new (to me) 2004 C10 that I just picked up this past weekend:

Offline richconnie

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
C-10, 87 B&F 94 engine
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:43:53 AM by richconnie »

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
Speechless....
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2013, 12:18:42 AM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:26:07 PM by knight_mare »

Offline throb

« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:12 AM »
 :chugbeer:
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2013, 06:07:12 AM »
Bled the calipers last night then disassembled the carbs for cleaning.  So, with the 4-piston calipers does it mean I don't get a speedo, or am I missing something?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline cugsy

« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2013, 09:36:33 AM »
Just to finally post a pic of the beast - and her little sister...
  The beast has had the new screen add on - an adjustable spoiler. Looks odd but works a treat. Up to 85mph with a **** pot..oops an open face lid and it was much quieter.   The bike is a 2002 and has 20700miles on it. Plenty of time to add another 0 to that. 
Bloody hell - its a heavy bike!

Offline spokes

« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2013, 11:12:17 PM »
bought this bike earlier this year, 1990 with 52,000 miles, hadn't been ridden 7000 miles in 7 years by PO, changed all fluids, new tires, replaced some nuts and bolts, cleaned carbs, has leather Corbin seat and aftermarket windshield, have bags (in perfect shape),  in good overall shape.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »
That's a good lookin bike spokes.....

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »
Very nice looking bike.  Those forks look almost new!  So does a bunch of other stuff - or they at least cleaned up very well.  Congrats!

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »
Well, I pretty much finished up dad's bike.  Sorry to say it took me 2 years and 2 months to finish.  He passed away from ALS in April of 2011.  This was kind of my therapy since my wife and I moved into his house and it gave something to do besides just going thru his things and bringing ours to the house.  I kind of started before he passed buy just started to remove and clean things.  The plastics were pretty much severely damaged from multiple drops before he quit riding, but I have repaired them pretty nicely (almost unnoticeable).  I thought it would be wrong to get rid of them for serving him so well and took it on as challenge.  I did get a new fairing frame and had to repair the fairing frame stay (lug).  Both were pretty well fractured up.  I test drove it around the neighborhood on Saturday and took it for its first "ride" with my wife on Father’s Day Sunday.  It did great, no issues at all.  That was such great feeling and hope he was watching.

It’s an '87 with a many mods added.  The idea is that this is for just cruising around for day trips and that longer trips will be done with my other one ('87 also).  I pretty much blacked out everything.  It was gentry grey.  Everything was disassembled and at a minimum inspected, cleaned, and lubed or polished.  All the rubber parts that are accessible without an engine tear down were replaced.  New tires.  4-piston CBR calipers up front feel like they could do a stoppie.  Spiegler front lines.  Front springs cut for a stiffer suspension with 15w.  Shock fluid changed.  Golden Spectro 20w50 that is from a case dad still had unopened from at least 1990 something.  Petcock rebuild.  T-Cro's stick coils.  Steve's power jet kit and exhaust sprocket.  LEDs everywhere.  Corbin seat.  Custom sewn passenger pad.  Modified tag bracket and tiny LED lights.  The list goes on.

There's still a few things to be done or added later.  When I find the right tiny LED lights is Snarf’s light brackets.  Also later are the short '86 clip-ons with new grips.  The current ones are in good working order and they're heated (still need to be hooked up, but it is June in VA).  The speedo/odometer are kind of quirky and probably need replacing.  I also need to find a lock for the left side glove box lid and re-key it.

I would like to thank the members and friends who are pretty much one and the same that gave me guidance, support, and either gave or sold parts to me.  I'm sure that many of you have done things like this yourselves and know the value of your friends’ contributions.  I truly value each and every one of you no matter how small or trivial you think you contributed to this.  From parts, to just a post somewhere on the forum, it is equally valuable in the end when doing a project like this.

I will take a few "good" pictures in the near future and post them.  Now it is time to tear the other one down .... and update my signature line.

Thanks again,

Frank Hunt

K-woppa

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »
I recently bought this '99. Low miles, well maintained, has minor damage from a low speed drop. It's my second Connie.
This is my first post. Does this forum not support gifs in the forum profile?

Offline GeoCam70

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
Here is my 97 with almost 90000 on her. Love this bike.

Offline IraB

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
Greetings All!

Bought an 03 Connie with under 10,000 on it a few weeks ago!  Looks almost new but has a few minor scuffs.
The bike was purchased new by a friend who promptly developed some serious medical issues and the bike has spent most of it's time garaged.  He managed to drop her while getting letters out of his mailbox, breaking three ribs as he fell into the ditch in the process, then put the bike up for sale. 
He offered me a deal I couldn't refuse and I plunked down the cash without even a test ride.

She needs a little loving but runs great, even better after I drained the 4 year old gas and added a tank of fresh mid grade.
What an awesome bike!
Kind of top heavy at low speeds and I get the sense that could jump up to bite me if I get careless but otherwise handles very well and has gobs of get up and go.

Edit:  Removed question, already did valve adjustment.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:01:02 AM by IraB »

Offline Conniestoga

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2013, 08:47:49 AM »
Here's my '95 which I've had for 13 years. The picture was taken about 8 years ago. Note the street name.

Eric
95 Concours
90 Tengai

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
hi, here are my 2 connies. a5 and a14
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:57:01 AM by gtr a14 »

Offline def

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Here is my new to me 2006 Connie. Kinda old school but these machines sure do munch the miles!