Author Topic: Looking for C14 owner with Russel Day long Seat in my area  (Read 3298 times)

Offline zxjack

Looking for C14 owner with Russel Day long Seat in my area
« on: October 10, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
Hi all.  Is there anyone in my area Grafton, WV 26354 that has a Russell Day Long seat?  I would love to try one out and check it out before purchasing.  I have had a Corbin since I purchased my C14 and can not get as comfortable as we would like.  I can ride to meet anyone who would be willing.  Thanks and have great weekend!
Jack

Offline RedRambler

Re: Looking for C14 owner with Russel Day long Seat in my area
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:51:09 PM »
Not in your area but if you are ever in Alabama look me up. I have one and I love it. I can literally ride all day between gas stops and no discomfort in the seat. My shoulders don't fair quite as well tho. Need the bars about 2 more inches back. 

Offline zxjack

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »
Hi RedRambler,
Thanks for the offer.  After starting to sell my accessories I entertained the idea of buying the helibar horizon bars and a russell day long seat to stay on the C14.  I love everything about the bike except ergonomics.  I can not get comfortable on it especially for longer rides.  I had already sold my corbin seat so I put the stock back on.  I had forgot the corbin was lower and with stock I was on the balls of my feet.  The russell day long adds 1.5" to 2" more height because of the suspension system.  I would be on tiptoes at that point.  Not good.  Wife gave that a thumbs down.  Said she was not riding with me like that.  You must be taller than me.  I am only 5' 11" with a 32" inseam.  I might be shrinking as I grow older too.  Ha!  So thanks for the offer.  Ride Safe.

Offline RedRambler

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »
I'm 5'11" 1/2 and wear 32" length jeans. So sounds like we are very close.

I have to slide forward up to the tank when I stop so that I can reach the ground better, but when I do I can get both feet on the ground without any trouble when wearing riding boots. I agree the Russell adds height. I have 2" risers plus a set of pullback risers and I still would like the bars to be further back. I have the largest windscreen that v stream makes and it's not tall enough.

However, I just received the loaner windshields, and it appears that the Cal Sci XL xWide will work well.

All that to say that I agree the Connie needs a lot to get the ergonomics right, but when you get it right, it can be a very comfortable bike.

Good luck!

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
Hi all.  Is there anyone in my area Grafton, WV 26354 that has a Russell Day Long seat?  I would love to try one out and check it out before purchasing.  I have had a Corbin since I purchased my C14 and can not get as comfortable as we would like.  I can ride to meet anyone who would be willing.  Thanks and have great weekend!
Jack

I know I'm probably "stepping on toes" here and please don't be angry with me for saying this but think about the Baldwin GT seat too ... it is 100% AMAZING in comfort! I'm just throwing it out there so you have input from riders with good seats. In my experience seats and windscreens are the biggest PITA to figure out for bikes so I hope you find what you're looking for. It took me 3 seats, 7 windscreens and 2 helmets ::) to find the correct one for me and it was the Baldwin GT. I can't say enough about that seat ... Loren does excellent work!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Dan Forker

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 07:25:41 PM »

One more vote for the Baldwin seat. I've had a Day Long but not on the C14 and the wings on the seat made it very difficult to get your feet down. Loren Mock the owner of Baldwin is a member on this forum and a stand up guy. He can lower the seat about one inch over stock and build up the front so you won't slide forward when braking hard, both if you ask him for those changes. I have one of his seats and absolutely love it. I strayed this spring and bought a Corbin because I liked it's looks and it was absolute torture, even worse than the factory seat. With the Baldwin, I can comfortably rider 900/1000 mile days and never be sore. It's the greatest and so is Baldwin's owner.

Fork