Author Topic: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders  (Read 39895 times)

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
 Dont know if i just have knack for finding the new or unheard of stuff but i came aross these and dont know if anyone else has heard of them or if my searching abilities on this site continues to suck

for 07-11

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=518

for 12-14

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=515

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »
Interesting that they are splitting years that way.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »

i was thinking the same but just posted it as they have it

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
the also have bag protectors for 12-14

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=512

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »

Probably just errors.  There is no such thing as a 2007 C14.  And 2010 though 2014 are identical.  I sent them an Email pointing out the errors on the three products that are all mislabeled (it is a pretty huge set of errors!!)

I have never seen these before.

Interesting- looks like McE is up for some competition now.  The rears are very similar to McE.  The front bars they are making look like they won't protect as well as the Canyon Cages because they are a two point instead of three point installation.  I would be greatly concerned that they could snap off the engine mount when hitting hard.

I could see this starting a long thread of discussion...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
Interesting- looks like McE is up for some competition now.  The rears are very similar to McE.  The front bars they are making look like they won't protect as well as the Canyon Cages because they are a two point instead of three point installation.  I would be greatly concerned that they could snap off the engine mount when hitting hard.

That.

And the CCs just look sexier.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
Im concerned that the CC will get in the way of my new touring pegs or my legs while using them, these appear to set higher and should be clear. Plus they are $100+ cheaper. I am not really looking for complete protection, just as a slow slide or drop type situation i want to be able to ride it home.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
Im concerned that the CC will get in the way of my new touring pegs or my legs while using them,

That is a possibility, depending on where the pegs are located.

these appear to set higher and should be clear. Plus they are $100+ cheaper. I am not really looking for complete protection, just as a slow slide or drop type situation i want to be able to ride it home.

I completely understand.  But it will be a really, really bad day for you if you drop a little harder than you expect and break the engine mount.  That is a lot more serious than damaged plastics.  I am not quite sure HOW serious it will be... but I bet someone on the forum will tell us :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »
That is a possibility, depending on where the pegs are located.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
I'm not sure I'd throw my business to a site that can't get the years and gens right on the Concours.  It's sloppy.  If they can't get that right what else isn't right?  But that's just me...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »
Probably just errors.  There is no such thing as a 2007 C14.  And 2010 though 2014 are identical.  I sent them an Email pointing out the errors on the three products that are all mislabeled (it is a pretty huge set of errors!!)

let us know what you hear from them

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:25 PM »
I'm not sure I'd throw my business to a site that can't get the years and gens right on the Concours.  It's sloppy.  If they can't get that right what else isn't right?  But that's just me...

Just wonder if the engineers/designers made the mistake or the computer geek running thier site did. OR the extreemly hott office secretarty did: If thats the case she is completely forgiven.  :thumbs:

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »
I've never seen these before either, but I do have a set of T-Rex stands that I bought back when I was riding sport bikes their their build quality was excellent and their pricing was reasonable.  That being said, I'm still happy with my canyon cages and think they'll provide better protection in a tip over.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »
Should probably fix the weeping oil on the manifold before doing anything else......just sayin of course.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
Should probably fix the weeping oil on the manifold before doing anything else......just sayin of course.  ;)

Previous owner told me to just start using the center stand.  :battle:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:50:59 PM »
OR the extreemly hott office secretarty did:

Yummy, me like!  :P :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 09:00:05 PM »

I have to admit that it would scare the crap out of me too.  It is a critical thing to get wrong.  Let's see if they listen to my Email and at least fix it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:55 PM »
If they are correct and there is an 07 C14, I'm going to be really pissed.  I thought I was an early adopter.  I'd be doubly pissed if I owned a '10 and found out it was really a gen1 bike (and paid more... :rotflmao: )  believing all that Kwakery about improved heat management and such...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:05:47 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
(comparison)

Here is a shot of the canyons from my bike at a SIMILAR crop.  Unfortunately, the bike is at a significantly different angle and on side stand, not center.  So you have to move it around some in your mind (I tried to overlay the two in GIMP, but they are just too different for it to work).  They would interfere with each other at full forward position.  Can't say about leg interference...