Author Topic: Why doesn't the green neutral light come on / why does it go on-off-on-off...  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Uded2me

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:06:09 PM by knight_mare »

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
That's the switch. Dousing it w/ WD-40 will make the outside look all purdy on the OUTSIDE. I don't recall the switch being 'wet' (in  oil), but there' no mention of any sealing agent when replacing it.

You might also check to ensure the wire cap is making good contact w/ the switch before removing the switch for further analysis. I remember it (the wire connector) as a psudo bullet connector. Pinch it every so gently if it's making a poor connection.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:06:13 PM by knight_mare »

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
I have found an aerosol contact cleaner that blasts away corrosion. That followed up by some WD-40 does the trick on most connections and dirty switches.
2001 Concours with 90k miles, heavily modified.
Lots of how to images on my webshots folders
http://community.webshots.com/user/2001concours

Offline snarf

• Arena
I have found an aerosol contact cleaner that blasts away corrosion. That followed up by some WD-40 does the trick on most connections and dirty switches.
Funny thing about WD-40; it make a much better cleaner than it does a lubricant :o
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."