Author Topic: I ordered a set of, "Grip Buddies" for the replacement scooter  (Read 1104 times)

Offline jamiemac

I ordered a set of, "Grip Buddies" for the replacement scooter
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:50:07 PM »
I like the way those grip Buddies install. I'll put em on right in the dealership, before riding the Wing home. I'm looking forward to testing them out, as well as the new bike of course.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Hexrays

Re: I ordered a set of, "Grip Buddies" for the replacement scooter
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 09:54:41 PM »
I bought a pair. I used them for about a month. Grip heaters are not as effective as you may know, I also found them a bit too thick. I was not comfortable with the larger diameter feel especially when wearing winter gloves.
I hope you have a better experience.
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 11:10:42 PM »
I bought a pair. I used them for about a month. Grip heaters are not as effective as you may know, I also found them a bit too thick. I was not comfortable with the larger diameter feel especially when wearing winter gloves.
I had Grip Puppies on the last machine, and they were fine. The only problem I had was their propensity to absorb rainwater. These are supposedly resistant to that, and as far as grip heater go, I have heated glove liners, and doubt the grip heaters on the new machine will get much use. I can see where the increased in size is off putting for some. I've grown accustomed to it.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 05:44:20 AM »
Coming from bikes with no grip heaters to one with them built in, I can attest that I like them very much and would not buy a bike without them again.  I also have the Gerbing heated gloves which work very well.  In fact, I haven't used my Gerbings (plugged in) since I got the Indian.  But then again, I also like ABS. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »
Coming from bikes with no grip heaters to one with them built in, I can attest that I like them very much and would not buy a bike without them again.  I also have the Gerbing heated gloves which work very well.  In fact, I haven't used my Gerbings (plugged in) since I got the Indian.  But then again, I also like ABS.
Man, the ABS on the Connie saved my bacon. I was able to scrub off a lot of speed before that crash. That was a helluva bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:03:38 AM »
You can say that again.  ABS on the C14 also saved me a few times as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 08:28:37 AM »

I know this is an old post, but just came across it.
I installed a set of Grip Puppy style slip overs that are far thinner than the real Grip Puppies and cost only about $2.00.
Worked well for me as they are not as large of Diameter.
If anyone interested, I can try to find them again?

Ride safe, Ted