Author Topic: Is there a market  (Read 3265 times)

Offline sche202460

Is there a market
« on: January 12, 2015, 01:16:54 PM »
Been in contact with my contact in Japan and Asia. Work with guy and ship older merchandise to Far East. The question is to folks is there a market for motors and such to come here to States?. Our contact claims older stuff at auctions go for pennies. They like older stuff from USA. Am curious if possible market development. Do you believe market for older C-10 exists. Here's what we ship to them.
some folks can justify need for fast bike the minute they open their mouth!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Is there a market
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »
I am not sure exactly what you are asking and if it related to the C14...  Clarification needed.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:37:05 PM »
Been in contact with my contact in Japan and Asia. Work with guy and ship older merchandise to Far East. The question is to folks is there a market for motors and such to come here to States?. Our contact claims older stuff at auctions go for pennies. They like older stuff from USA. Am curious if possible market development. Do you believe market for older C-10 exists. Here's what we ship to them.

No.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
If my KiPass FOB is functioning, my motor will never grenade. And I won't be needing a replacement
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »
Both the C10 and C14 engines have proved to be one of the most reliable parts of the Concours.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:17:49 PM »
I would say NO.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

elp_jc

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »
I also say no. You might have better luck posting on the C10 forum. Or better yet, a mod moving this thread there :P.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »
I also say no. You might have better luck posting on the C10 forum. Or better yet, a mod moving this thread there :P.

Agreed
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 05:59:24 AM »
I'm not really sure what you are asking, but if you can ship a W800 to the states I am interested.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
I'm not really sure what you are asking, but if you can ship a W800 to the states I am interested.

^^^^what he said^^^^