Author Topic: Stick coils from a Honda CBR600???  (Read 2618 times)

Offline WiConnie

Stick coils from a Honda CBR600???
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
New to me 97
Germantown, WI

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Stick coils from a Honda CBR600???
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »
Maybe, but not in this board....  :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline WiConnie

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
Thanks VJ, but that doesn't help me much. I guess the answer I was looking for was from someone that would know,
1...would they work or would they not work and why
2...what modifications would be needed to the harness
3...any other information or other possible sticks that could possibly be modded to fit and work such as bolting on CBR600 coils to a early 80s Honda inline 4.

If I have posted to the wrong form I apologize.
Thanks...
Barry
New to me 97
Germantown, WI

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
Jim is into the gin and is just showing you his wicked sense of humor here as you posted a question about the C10 in a C14 board to which he was kind enough to move it to my board where I would see it..... Thanks Jim!  ;)

You have now been found by someone who does know..... ME !!!  :) Notice my sig line please?

1) Yes those coils can be used on the Concours.
2) Completely take the harness apart as it is configured for Sequential Fire and reconfigure it into a 3-wire harness that matches the Wasted Spark configuration of this type of ignition system firing 1 & 4 together and then 2 & 3 together.
3) Many many sticks (just about any used on Kawasaki) can be used on the Concours as long as they match the resistance spec of 1.8 to 2.8 Ohms. Many sticks can be used on other bikes but each must be tackled on a one to one basis starting with information about the bikes ignition system.

2A) Yes I sell a plug & play harness made of completely new materials that is of un-reproachable quality....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:15:13 PM by T Cro ® »
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
Pay Tony, get the complete set up ready to install, install....be happy......money well spent.....back to the Gin of the moment... a nice red from California called Apothic....

Offline WiConnie

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »
Thanks T-Cro...
Sorry about the post to 14...fat fingers I guess....
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I've spent the last number of years building and breaking down the early 80 Honda F bikes and have much to learn about the Concours I now own. While I probably will purchase one of your kits this winter I enjoy the inventiveness of scrounging parts and pieces and coming up with solutions that are an upgrade over old original stock parts/systems. While shopping for CBR coils I saw the sticks and was wondering...."hmmm, why not the Concours" to which you have answered my questions. (I'm sure have been asked here a million times, but I'm new over here!)

Thanks again,
Barry

COME ON BREWERS!!!
New to me 97
Germantown, WI