Author Topic: Rally in the Gorge  (Read 9204 times)

Son of Pappy

Rally in the Gorge
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »
http://www.soundrider.com/stour/rally/schedule.htm

Who else will be there?  I'll be (gasp) trailering the 14 as I will also be bringing the KLR.  I plan to do both sides of the fence, a little DS stuff and of course, the Maryhill Loop ;D

I'll be easy to find, just look for the PSSOR banner, I won't be far away, well, other than when I'm out riding 8)  I'll also be conducting a little dual sport training on the second, just look for the dirty, smiling riders, I'll be the guy on the Sandammit KLR.

Jay, what say ya???

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Rally in the Gorge
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
Hmmm.... it does look like fun. I checked the link but didn't easily find where it's at? Can you tell me?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
Hmmm.... it does look like fun. I checked the link but didn't easily find where it's at? Can you tell me?

Had the same question but apparently it is somewhere along the Columbia river in OR or WA.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Stevenson, WA

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
Oh, that's by Skamania lodge then right?

Is there a specific hotel that is hosting this event or is the base camp for events etc?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
Apparently it is at:

Skamania County Fairgrounds
710 Rock Creek Dr
Stevenson, WA 98648

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
Oh, that's by Skamania lodge then right?

Is there a specific hotel that is hosting this event or is the base camp for events etc?
You thinking about going? I could only do a short weekend trip up there cause I am leaving the week after that for a long ride, Yellowstone, Glacier, Silverwood, and whatever else I can find the rest of the month.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »
You thinking about going? I could only do a short weekend trip up there cause I am leaving the week after that for a long ride, Yellowstone, Glacier, Silverwood, and whatever else I can find the rest of the month.

Not sure, maybe...  :-\

But if I do go it would probably just for Saturday during the day.

I'm soooo jealous of your upcoming trip bro, sounds great! Mama's going with ya too right? Anyone else or just you 2?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
Ya gotta see about doing the Maryhill loop, it rocks!! 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »
Where are you staying for the event Chet?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »
We'll have a mini compound located fairly close to the fire pit, we will be doing mini seminar/training during the evenings as folks make requests.  I'll be in that cavernous Redverdz green tent, complete with chairs, light, ice, beer, coke, and crown!  Just look for the vastly fastest Silverdammit C14 and the mind boggeling tractor like torqiness of the KLR.  We'll aslo have a Vstrom, Dr400, and a smattering of beamers at the site.  If you hear a Kaw bell clanging it's me, warding off all the trail gremlins and inviting riders to come for a chat 8)  We will have a fairly good sized canopy up and we will have the PSSOR banner hanging proudly.  Swing on by, it really isn't that far from your place, and if you sign up for the MHL (MaryHill Loop) you won't be sorry.  See if we can turn 2k on your bike ;D  Days are usually spent either on the road or trail, I do know we will doing a trail primer class (the 2nd of Aug) from 9-12 and then a led trail ride from 1-3ish.  Did you see the list of guest speakers?  David Hough and many others.  So much more than just a ride and drink event.  They aslo have a poker run, Friday I believe.  Make the time, it will be a blast and who knows, I may even convert ya to a part time dirt rider, see places never seen from a street machine and a group of folks who think getting dirty is required ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
Might just have to stop by and say hi Chet, thanks for the heads up about it.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Try for an evening, I'll have the crown and coke on standby ;D  Bring a bag and pad, tent is quite cavernous.
Invite goes to anyone in the area, we could call it a non COG connie owner unsponsored by Zggtr rally/meet, ride and drink get together at the Gorge ;D

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
I'm sure I'll be wandering over there at some point(s) during the event.  It's really hard to justify signing up and spending the money when I can take a 15 minute ride from there and be home (comfy bed, shower, fresh clothes, no packing / unpacking of stuff).  :P

Almost any road heading north from the Gorge in that area is an awesome ride, especially once you get east of Bingen / White Salmon.

Jay, we should plan a day ride over there.  I know most of those roads, and now that all the release compound is scuffed off my tires, I'm safe for corning.  ;D
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
Jay, we should plan a day ride over there.  I know most of those roads, and now that all the release compound is scuffed off my tires, I'm safe for corning.  ;D

Sounds like fun Rob, but unfortunatley it looks like I won't be able to make it afterall...  :(

I was thinking of going on Saturday, but Gumbi reminded me that on Saturday is one of our good freinds "ball-n-call" tournament, he does it every year and I can't miss it. The day starts with 18 holes of golf, then off to bowling, then finishes with a Texas hold tournament. It's alot of fun and food and drink through out, about 30+ people play so there's alot of $$ to be won for the events.

Sorry guys, have fun!  :chugbeer:

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »

Sounds like fun Rob, but unfortunatley it looks like I won't be able to make it afterall...  :(

I was thinking of going on Saturday, but Gumbi reminded me that on Saturday is one of our good freinds "ball-n-call" tournament, he does it every year and I can't miss it. The day starts with 18 holes of golf, then off to bowling, then finishes with a Texas hold tournament. It's alot of fun and food and drink through out, about 30+ people play so there's alot of $$ to be won for the events.

Sorry guys, have fun!  :chugbeer:

Well that still leaves 4 other days, what are the excuses for those?  ::)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »
Well that still leaves 4 other days, what are the excuses for those?  ::)

Have to work unfortunately...  :'(

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »

Have to work unfortunately...  :'(

Sunday too?  That sucks...

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Try for an evening, I'll have the crown and coke on standby ;D  Bring a bag and pad, tent is quite cavernous.
Invite goes to anyone in the area, we could call it a non COG connie owner unsponsored by Zggtr rally/meet, ride and drink get together at the Gorge ;D

Hey Chet, I was talking to a buddy of mine today about this.  He rides a cruiser, not fast, and I was asking if it was all sport bikes and riders.  He was wondering why he would go up there.

I told him you were bringing a KLR which got us talking.  Do you have some dual sport roads planned out?  We were thinking we could ride our dual sports up there one of the days, and do some off road riding.  Nothing rally or race, just riding.  So, what do you have planned?  Anything interesting?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
Sunday too?  That sucks...

Church in the morning, it would be too late by the time I made it out there, sorry Rob...  :(