Author Topic: Driver footpegs  (Read 3941 times)

Offline buzzcut

Driver footpegs
« on: May 31, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Hi, I know this was all presented in the old forum but memory does not serve....  I am wondering about  flatter footpegs to maybe give me an extra 1/2 inch .  I have no need for the peg lowering brackets as I have only a 29 inch inseam.  Shoodaben has a set that looks like what I am after but I am certain there are others out there.

Thanks in advance

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Driver footpegs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Stasch

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
I have a set of these and they really freed up the leg room for me.

Best part is the bottom of these pegs is no closer to the ground than the stockers.

You do have to be mindful and keep the balls of your feet on the pegs when cornering with any enthusiasm or you'll drag a toe or the side of your boot.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline buzzcut

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
Do ya know if the gl1800 pegs just bolt on and end up being lower than stokers without the kneesavers?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
Do ya know if the gl1800 pegs just bolt on and end up being lower than stokers without the kneesavers?
No, they don't fit to the stock mounts.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Jet

• Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
Vulcan 750 foot pegs are an exact fit, and close enough where I was able to use them as emergency pegs until Sisf helped me out with a peg.  The 750 pegs are wider, still have a slight angle.  It was nice.
...and a good time was had by all.

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »
The Kneesavers Murph sells made the difference between me keeping this bike or selling it due to my long legs.   Fantastic product because they don't move your feet outboard at all, causing an uncomfortable "pigeon toe" situation.

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »
The riding position bother my hip more than my knees.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:57:58 AM »

The KneeSavers will likely still help you.  Just recently, I put the stock pegs back on my bike.  I found REALLY quickly (under 100 miles) that my knees and hips did not like the stock position.  I've got the KneeSavers back on and am FAR more comfortable.  (Hips/pelvis were messed up in a motorcycle accident back in 2003...)  My hips really ached with the stock pegs on.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline tvpierce

• '99 Concours
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »

Me too.  Buell Ulysses pegs were the trick for me.  They're great because they move the pegs back, which allows the hip joint to open more.  Been a lifesaver for me.  They're also great for riders with size 12+ hoofs.  ;)

I don't want a pickle... I just wanna ride my motorsickle.