Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86568 times)

Offline Elfmaze

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
Ryan, Any news on that last set going out?

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2012, 03:30:26 PM »
Ryan, Any news on that last set going out?

I believe all orders have now been shipped!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »
Thanks Ryan for everything you did for us. Take care.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »
I'm sitting here.  Have my right side off,  hose re routed, bolts loose fit in there holes......

To cut or not to cut.....

I guess it will make it easier in the long run to just cut the cooling fins to fit over the bars.

Any one have a reason NOT to cut the fairing?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »
Any one have a reason NOT to cut the fairing?

Resale $... the next owner might not want those bars on... :-\

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2012, 09:53:24 PM »
I wonder how often will I find myself needing to pull the bars off?  And what roadside things i might be able to fix if only the panels could be taken off...

I guess blue lock-tight the engine bolts so you can still get into the bikes innards?

Offline wendel

« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:47 AM »
The person who buys the bike in the future will not see where the two fins have been cut. They are not visible, and there is not any load on them to cause them to deform.
2012 C14

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:27 PM »
I finally mounted my MCE rear bars after having them powder coated (by Kevin at Ayers Garage) in a blue as close as I could get to Candy Neptune Blue.
The color I picked is not a "perfect" match but it's very close and looks much better than black would on a blue bike IMO.
I'm very pleased with how they came out.
As others have, I had to enlarge the holes in the passenger foot pegs and in the bikes passenger peg brackets to
get the MCE bars installed with the supplied hardware.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Hey Marty, Dalroo and I are getting Kevin to powdercoat our bars as well, and I was wondering, would you suggest enlarging any holes before powder or does it not matter?
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2012, 12:30:52 AM »
Hey Marty, Dalroo and I are getting Kevin to powdercoat our bars as well, and I was wondering, would you suggest enlarging any holes before powder or does it not matter?
It does not matter, as the holes to be enlarged are on the bike not the bars. The pin that holds the passenger foot peg on is smaller
in diameter than the bolt that comes with the MCE bars. I needed to enlarge the hole in the passenger foot peg itself and the two holes
on the bracket that holds the peg. I measured the large part of the MCE supplied bolt above the threads and it measured .243" so I just drilled the holes to .250" because I didn't have any letter drills at hand.

So what would I do different?
 I had Kevin mask the little boss on the end of the upper mount. I shouldn't have bothered, it's not that
tight of a fit. I should have test mounted the bars before giving them to Kevin to coat, then I would have seen that. When I saw how the un-coated part was going to be visible I just "painted" it black with a Sharpie marking pen. So don't bother to have Kevin mask anything. Second thing to consider is that when you take the passenger foot peg off, there is a steel ball and spring that may go flying off somewhere, so watch for that.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
When I saw how the un-coated part was going to be visible I just "painted" it black with a Sharpie marking pen.
Now you should take the Sharpie to that ugly silverdammit bolt.  ;)

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2012, 02:44:06 AM »
I believe all orders have now been shipped!

Hi Ryan!

Any chance that there will be another group buy now that you have the canyon cages available!?  :P I would be in for a pair of those immediately! I'll bet we could get close to same level of participation as last time.

Cheers!

Bill
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
Hi Ryan!

Any chance that there will be another group buy now that you have the canyon cages available!?  :P I would be in for a pair of those immediately! I'll bet we could get close to same level of participation as last time.

Cheers!

Bill

I'm not sure if you posted this then noticed the Group Buy threads stickied at the top of the forum page which would make this post pointless but we're currently running a Group Buy for the Canyon Cages for the 2008-2009 Connie. We JUST finished the Group Buy for the 2010-2012 Connie and most likely won't be doing another one for quite some time. This thread was the old one for the original Group Buy for the law enforcement guards but that's okay. If you'd still like to order the Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards for the 2010-2012, I'd be glad to offer you 10% off and cover the shipping for you as long as you're in the continental U.S.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
Ryan,

You and MCE are great! If only other companies were more like you and MCE...    :chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
Ryan,

You and MCE are great! If only other companies were more like you and MCE...    :chugbeer:

Thanks, Conrad! We truly value customer service and I think it shows. It's nice when customers don't mind calling us up to order stuff or ask questions about products. Nowadays, customers are generally greeted by an answering machine and have to navigate through annoying and complicated automated systems and that's just not us. Teri (the awesome office manager) and I prefer to handle all customers who either email or call because it really helps cut down on mistakes and gives it more of a personal feel. Anyway, it makes me happy that our effort doesn't go unnoticed! So thank you!  ;D

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »
I'm not sure if you posted this then noticed the Group Buy threads stickied at the top of the forum page which would make this post pointless but we're currently running a Group Buy for the Canyon Cages for the 2008-2009 Connie. We JUST finished the Group Buy for the 2010-2012 Connie and most likely won't be doing another one for quite some time. This thread was the old one for the original Group Buy for the law enforcement guards but that's okay. If you'd still like to order the Canyon Cage and Saddle Bag Guards for the 2010-2012, I'd be glad to offer you 10% off and cover the shipping for you as long as you're in the continental U.S.

Thanks Ryan - that's exactly what happened. I saw a photo of one on the other forum, found it on your website, and bounced over here to see what was happening. Cheers!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
clipped a deer at speed and it bent the front bar back about 45 degrees, took out my headlight, some plastic and the side bag, felt it hit my leg but I am sure the bars saved my leg some damage!
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #337 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:40 AM »
Ouch !  Sorry to hear that Hope you're okay and can get your bike back together maybe still do some riding before the end of the year

Offline alexderry

« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:17 AM »
Boris, I would be interested in the following parts 1400 310 and 1400 410, both the engine and bag guards. I reside in Canada what will this do to my shipping costs? Thanks for doing the leg work.

Joncon11

« Reply #339 on: October 12, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »
clipped a deer at speed and it bent the front bar back about 45 degrees, took out my headlight, some plastic and the side bag, felt it hit my leg but I am sure the bars saved my leg some damage!

Good to see that the bars helped out in this situation. I hit a deer a couple years ago, it totaled my VFR, all of my gear, and my left hand.