Author Topic: Your Connie in Bondage (( Out of Bondage ))  (Read 4575 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Your Connie in Bondage (( Out of Bondage ))
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
Here is mine, both skins getting replaced on Sat. she's all strung up and ready for new rubber.
Ride safe all.
Greg
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:34:59 PM by Pfloydgad »
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: Your Connie in Bondage
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
Persian rug, computer, stereo. Connie knows how to live! Nice!! When I re-do my shop, I think I'll add a beer fridge,computer,sound, an easy chair. The rug is nice idea! Well done.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
Ron,
I have 6 - 12" 3 ways in the 4 corners, my 32" Sony TV with the Weather chanel always on, oh yea, there is 300 watts running the speakers, the fridge is just a little north of the pic, and the easy chair is just south. The laptop is a traveler from house to garage and sits on the desk that is also north. Above the desk is the bookshelves with all my motorcylce mags and books on for easy access. The toaster oven is on the edge of the desk alongside the coffee maker.
And yes, I am prepared to be banished there fairly soon. And with the new skins, I'll be there sooner before later I bet.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »
Yah, that shop is nicer than my "living room", but that's not really saying much.  I also hang the bike when pulling both wheels at once, I use a cherry-picker type engine hoist, can't fall off.  Nice rugs!
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »
Ron,
I have 6 - 12" 3 ways in the 4 corners, my 32" Sony TV with the Weather chanel always on, oh yea, there is 300 watts running the speakers, the fridge is just a little north of the pic, and the easy chair is just south. The laptop is a traveler from house to garage and sits on the desk that is also north. Above the desk is the bookshelves with all my motorcylce mags and books on for easy access. The toaster oven is on the edge of the desk alongside the coffee maker.
And yes, I am prepared to be banished there fairly soon. And with the new skins, I'll be there sooner before later I bet.
Ride safe all.
Greg

:thumbs:
2014 C-14 Red

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
...and a coffee maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail:
2014 C-14 Red

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »
See now, if you would have bought that HF tire changer, you could've been riding today!
BTW, what skins did you finally buy to re-tire the bike?
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
Dean,
I get to play on that one. The kids came through with $300 bucks for Fathers Day, so I will be at Iron Pony at 9 am on Sat, first come, first serve. They have a tire section that is just way to much fun. I'll let you know sometime on Sat. that is if I decide to stop riding after the mounting.
ride safe all.
Greg

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
When I glanced at the first pic before enlarging it I thought you had mounted a small outboard on the back end.....I need to either quit drinking or drink more.....

Offline Pfloydgad

Re: Your Connie in Bondage (( Out of Bondage ))
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
No pic, but you get the idea.
New skins on, got some miles in, and even got to test them in the rain, what a shock.
Avon Azaro AV46 ST rear  150 /80 x 16 and a slightly diff. front. I wanted the matched Azaro, but Nooooooo, Avon doesn't have it in an 18". But...
The roadrider is the exact same pattern, is a 2 ply center with a 4 ply sidewall, and has the same mileage rating as the Azaro.
Sooo, the front got the Roadrider 110 / 80 x 18. And after 120 miles, it seems to be just what the Connie ordered. And since I pushed my previous tires way to far, I have a new bike now, with new feel, and handeling. Back to school I go.
So everyone ride safe out there.
Greg