Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671870 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1380 on: March 09, 2014, 06:31:32 AM »
I wonder when the first post asking how to set the clock on a C-14 will show up?  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1381 on: March 09, 2014, 07:20:48 AM »
Mine's been off since I put a new battery in 2 years ago. A clock on a bike is as wrong as a radio or telephone.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1382 on: March 09, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
Mine's been off since I put a new battery in 2 years ago. A clock on a bike is as wrong as a radio or telephone.

You're right there G. I used to use my bike's clock to see how late I was for work. I won't be needing that info any longer...    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1383 on: March 09, 2014, 07:40:36 AM »
You're right there G. I used to use my bike's clock to see how late I was for work. I won't be needing that info any longer...    :)
:thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1384 on: March 09, 2014, 09:34:26 AM »
Through some sort of miracle, my clock is now correct..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1385 on: March 09, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Through some sort of miracle, my clock is now correct..

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1386 on: March 09, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
I can beat that, mine is right for about half a year or so, as is my electric IBM time clock I picked up in a flea market last year.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:08:58 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1387 on: March 09, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
A funny thing happened on the way from the bedroom upstairs to the kitchen downstairs this morning.  Smelled something burning....wood burning to be exact.  Nothing was on, no smoke.  Fire alarms had not activated, so where was it coming from?  On a hunch I opened the dishwasher.   I put some dishes in last night and figured I check that out.  The smell was coming from inside the dishwasher!  I found the culprit, a wooden spatula that was turned into charcoal on the wooden handle end and the rubber end had a scorch mark as well.  Seems it fell from the top rack, through the bottom rack and landed on the heater element.  The perfect storm so to speak.

Unfortunately, I can't get the smell out of the dishwasher.  Any hints?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1388 on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
A funny thing happened on the way from the bedroom upstairs to the kitchen downstairs this morning.  Smelled something burning....wood burning to be exact.  Nothing was on, no smoke.  Fire alarms had not activated, so where was it coming from?  On a hunch I opened the dishwasher.   I put some dishes in last night and figured I check that out.  The smell was coming from inside the dishwasher!  I found the culprit, a wooden spatula that was turned into charcoal on the wooden handle end and the rubber end had a scorch mark as well.  Seems it fell from the top rack, through the bottom rack and landed on the heater element.  The perfect storm so to speak.

start with this many cycles:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dishwasher-Cleaner/W10282479/1552531

then FYI the more you USE the dishwasher, the less the smell will be there
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1389 on: March 09, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
Well, do you have a wood stove now? Do you want one? If so, consider putting a smokestack in the dishwasher and a small draft hole in the front- viola! The buy a new, non- stenchified dish washer (sans smoke stack and draft hole) and poof- everybody is happy!

Or you could take the coward's way out and do what Steve said: just keep doing dishes in it.

One other thing you might try: when shaving brushes are brand new, they can be quite odorific and it ain't a pleasant odor (both boar and badger brushes can be pretty funky)- the preferred way to de- funk them is by using Oxiclean powder. You could try that in the dishwasher- soak everything inside it with Oxiclean and let is soak for a few minutes then cycle the machine and see if the stench calms down.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1390 on: March 09, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
Well, do you have a wood stove now? Do you want one? If so, consider putting a smokestack in the dishwasher and a small draft hole in the front- viola! The buy a new, non- stenchified dish washer (sans smoke stack and draft hole) and poof- everybody is happy!

Or you could take the coward's way out and do what Steve said: just keep doing dishes in it.

One other thing you might try: when shaving brushes are brand new, they can be quite odorific and it ain't a pleasant odor (both boar and badger brushes can be pretty funky)- the preferred way to de- funk them is by using Oxiclean powder. You could try that in the dishwasher- soak everything inside it with Oxiclean and let is soak for a few minutes then cycle the machine and see if the stench calms down.

Brian

uhmmm steve said clean it first with the real purpose cleaner in link provided, then separately FYI'd (no matter what, using/cycling it will diminish the smell).

edit:  I like your Billy Mays oxiclean solution you offer too. I didn't realize people select that cleaner  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1391 on: March 10, 2014, 04:42:55 AM »

Yeah, leave the door closed. I'm sure that the dirty dishes won't mind the smell.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1392 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:58 AM »
Unfortunately, the smell comes out of the upper vent in the door.  It's diminished this morning but still there.

Steve, thanks for that link.  I didn't know that Affresh made something for the dishwasher.  I use their cleaners for the front loading washing machine for the last several years.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1393 on: March 13, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1394 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »
Odor check: how are the olfactory glands doing at your house Jim?

Brian

Unfortunately, the smell comes out of the upper vent in the door.  It's diminished this morning but still there.

Steve, thanks for that link.  I didn't know that Affresh made something for the dishwasher.  I use their cleaners for the front loading washing machine for the last several years.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1395 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:25 PM »
Now that is pretty funny Steve. What would make it perfect would be a yellow painted line down the top of the car to align with the one under it :-)

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1396 on: March 13, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Love it!  The smell is diminishing especially after I put two of the Affresh tablets in it last night.  Probably going to take some more, though.

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1398 on: March 14, 2014, 04:45:59 AM »

Parking skills such as these require a ticket!

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

The gallery from the site above is interesting.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/gallery2/index.php

This site is hilarious! You can print out 'tickets' to give to the folks who have issues with their parking 'skills'.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/files/notice_1.pdf

:)

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1399 on: March 14, 2014, 05:37:12 AM »

Happy March 14!   

The mens version of Valentine's Day

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=March%2014th