Author Topic: Runnin' a C14, X-country style  (Read 19273 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Runnin' a C14, X-country style
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »
Today's ride speaks for itself except let me add to these pics if you ever have an opportunity to ride with Stavee and Rick Hall do it!!!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 07:08:38 AM »
Spectacular!  I can't wait to ride up there.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:38 PM »
Steve, looks like you've had the opportunity to use the electrics.

Neat out there on a bike, eh?

Plenty more to come your way, you've just touched the surface.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »
Steve, looks like you've had the opportunity to use the electrics.

Neat out there on a bike, eh?

Plenty more to come your way, you've just touched the surface.

Yes sir!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 10:48:54 PM »
All over the remainder of CO targets today. 490 miles one turn at a time.  Made it to Cortez and going to check out the map SteveJ marked up and at least hit some of that stuff in UTAH!

I did more riding than playing with the camera. Some spots it was advised to stop and take pics but the turns were too good!

Here are a few BS gas/pee stop type pics anyway.

upstate CO

Downstate CO

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
I did more riding than playing with the camera. Some spots it was advised to stop and take pics but the turns were too good!

Now you know why those of us out west don't post pics of everything we ride, too busy riding and enjoying it!

Keep up the great vacation stories.  As you can clearly see, it's the journey, not the destination.   ;)

--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Now you know why those of us out west don't post pics of everything we ride, too busy riding and enjoying it!

Keep up the great vacation stories.  As you can clearly see, it's the journey, not the destination.   ;)

Whew!  I was afraid that I was the only one who kept thinking "That would make a nice pic...but, what a GREAT ride this is!  I don't want to stop to take a pic!"

Enjoy the ride!
'02 C-10

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
:chugbeer: ;D

+1 on his school (and his friend, too)
When I was in school at The Univ of GA,  a guy came to visit. He got off the plane in Atlanta, then later got out of the car in over in Athens at the university, then he looked at all the girls on campus and said, "What'd they do? Kill all the ugly ones??"     :chugbeer:

Ron (Dawg)
2014 C-14 Red

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
Whew!  I was afraid that I was the only one who kept thinking "That would make a nice pic...but, what a GREAT ride this is!  I don't want to stop to take a pic!"

Enjoy the ride!

No, it's not just you.  I'm still kicking myself for not stopping to take a picture of that road sign on Highway 12 in Idaho I saw, that said "Curves ahead, next 99 miles".  I was too busy thinking "Sweet, more twisties!"  However, taking that picture is now on my list of things to do, so I have an excuse to back there again this year.  :)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 07:58:19 PM »
No, it's not just you.  I'm still kicking myself for not stopping to take a picture of that road sign on Highway 12 in Idaho I saw, that said "Curves ahead, next 99 miles".  I was too busy thinking "Sweet, more twisties!"  However, taking that picture is now on my list of things to do, so I have an excuse to back there again this year.  :)

Hah!  I grew up in Lewiston...have ridden that road umpteen times...and STILL haven't taken a pic of that sign!
'02 C-10

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 08:15:43 PM »
"What'd they do? Kill all the ugly ones??"     :chugbeer:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
Please take a pic of the curves 99 miles sign!!!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
backroads UTAH 602 miles today.... too much fun and beauty, and the curves are insane.  Along with the monsoon style weather.

Moab jeep boys told me this road is hard packed and would be OK for my bike.  ADV stylin' a Connie14

Baby chipmunk size of a mouse kept trying to play when I wanted to take pics so I took her pic.

Took a pic as I had to pull over for rain gear.  I rode into that monster and the sheet rain was one thing but the winds about blew me over.

This Australian ADV guy imported a Yamaha Tennier to ride here in the southwest. He run the hell out of the Utah desert with his wife. This bike is set for USA in 2012. Damn it is a sweet ADV bike!

Note all the after market, and that route he is going is the route I came in on....it is EPIC TWISTIES

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »

Nice pic Steve, make that one into a postcard!!  :thumbs:

Safe travels...  8)

Offline Stavee

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
Hah!  I grew up in Lewiston...have ridden that road umpteen times...and STILL haven't taken a pic of that sign!
Do you mean this one?
First bike '38 DKW

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »
Do you mean this one?

Yep!  That's the one...well, the new one, anyway!

Anybody old enough to remember what the old sign read?
'02 C-10

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »
I need the BIG version of that signage please =)

Lower Utah rolling towards Vegas:

Hey when I get 90ish I want to roll just like this guy:

Offline okxd45

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 05:54:58 PM »
+1 on his school (and his friend, too)
When I was in school at The Univ of GA,  a guy came to visit. He got off the plane in Atlanta, then later got out of the car in over in Athens at the university, then he looked at all the girls on campus and said, "What'd they do? Kill all the ugly ones??"     :chugbeer:

Ron (Dawg)

Oh man that was hilarious!  I would have to agree with your friend.  I grew up in S. GA and had older friends who went to school there.  Went to a few parties in Athens as a senior in H.S. and yes......don't remember there being any ugly girls!

And Steve, thank you for the pics.  I really love it out West after being stationed at Hill AFB.  The pics are gorgeous!  Keep em' coming.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 05:55:52 AM »
Thanks okx!

Rolled into Vegas today and threw dice all night. About break even, maybe down 50. 

The bike has been 3700 miles since Saturday, I'll give "it" a break and hang out in Vegas another night.

About throwing dice all night tonight....  of course I took a few pics.

My Favorite place on the main Vegas drag - the Bellagio

My ultimate favorite "locals" place off the main drag

And a stop by here is always suggested while in this town

Please drink many of these, get drunk, gamble loosely. The management.

Offline cheapbastard

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 12:01:30 PM »
niiiiiiice Steve, reminds me so much of my trip in 09. So where to in SoCal? I can hook you up with a buddy that can show you all kinds of good stuff south of LA.  8)