Author Topic: Worst Military Movie Ever Made  (Read 10160 times)

YoDoc

Re: Worst Military Movie Ever Made
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »
Nice. We did eventually get showers. My record was 21 days. Four months of fricken bird baths, man...

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
oh man i beat that. after the ground war had ended, they left us in place for over 30 days, so that 30 plus at least another 30 waiting for the ground war to start (after about a week or so from the start of the air war, they moved us into our jump-off positions and then left us there for quite a bit of time), and you have a lot of rank people. sometimes we would get a water buffalo sent to us so that we could get a plastic bowl of water to wash, but mainly, we used a lot of wet wipes...and we only had two uniforms!

ugh.

i remember when we got back and had to turn in all of that desert gear, i washed those uniforms several times and never once did the water get sudsy because of all of the dirt! the water was always brown and never cleared.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

YoDoc

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
Ewww...

Offline medicevans

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »
Ewww...

+1 
I am always humbled when I hear stories like this.  My record was only a week.  I can't imagine 2 months. 

I am proud of the people who will fight, for the people who can't or won't. 

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 07:14:31 AM »
2 months..... wow!  I thought I was in bad shape when I had to go 13 days with nothing but two packs of baby wipes.  But I had one uniform since a one day mission turned into two, then three........  I was ready for a shower after that one.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:02 AM »
One thing that annoys me r.e. Iron Eagle, Top Gun, Wings Of The Apache, etc. is when they try to pass off F-5's, Drakens, etc. as Migs... totally ruins it for me!

Don't forget the Mirages.  Probably the most common "Mig".
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
i think i erred...i don't think it was 60 days but more like 45+. honestly, back then, we didn't have access to media back then like they do now, and we're under information blackouts and sh1t. hell, they were even taking away our gameboys and walkman's (and had stopped our mail). we didn't even know about these smart bombs/missiles until AFTER the war! the only phones we had were MARS (if we were lucky) and only had snail mail. when we got back to CEII, at&t had setup about 100 phone booths under a large tent, so that was nice.

when the ground war was over and they left us out there in the middle of iraq (where- i still don't know), they basically disarmed us (rifles kept a few mags, belt-fed weapons kept one belt of ammo, grenades, missiles, etc, were all collected). we were left to our devices and basically hung around in our skivvies and boots, tanning and playing frisbee. it was really strange. still, those uniforms were nasty as hell.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:26:13 PM by Assassin 11B3P »
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
Castle Keep.

BTW, Deer Hunter wedding scene was filmed in Cleveland, it was a Christian Orthodox ceremony very similar to mine, even the reception!
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
The Dirty Dozen: The Deadly Mission

1987 w/Telly Savalas

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »
i don't think i've seen the sequels to the DD...but the original was good.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
Well, certainly not the worst movie I have EVER seen, but "Anomalisa" last night is thrown into the major reject pile.  http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Anomalisa/80080269

Netflix even warned me I probably wouldn't like it....  and it is usually right.... but I thought it still sounded interesting after some of the reviews.  My bad.

Strange initial twists, but slow as molasses, boring, stupid, even disturbing.  I kept thinking there was some point to it all and kept on watching.  Nope.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
Oops, I obviously posted to the wrong thread.  I didn't see the word "military" in the subject!  Oh well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »
Also a good example of what happens when one resurrects a five year old thread.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 05:10:10 AM »
Well, certainly not the worst movie I have EVER seen, but "Anomalisa" last night is thrown into the major reject pile.  http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Anomalisa/80080269

Netflix even warned me I probably wouldn't like it....  and it is usually right.... but I thought it still sounded interesting after some of the reviews.  My bad.

Strange initial twists, but slow as molasses, boring, stupid, even disturbing.  I kept thinking there was some point to it all and kept on watching.  Nope.

IMDB gave it a 7.4 but you can't always count on them to get it right. I've seen many movies rated highly there that sucked.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »
I just saw this thread and haven't gone back through it so forgive me if it has already been covered but the 2001 Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck has got to be one of the worst. Also "Red Tails". That was a subject that deserved a "Tora Tora Tora" (one of the best IMHO) treatment but got the aforementioned "Pearl Harbor" treatment.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 09:08:31 AM »
Also a good example of what happens when one resurrects a five year old thread.

No it is not.  It is only example of resurrecting the WRONG thread.... which is still a million times preferable to having dozens and dozens of the same thread created over and over and over again with information scattered everywhere and impossible to follow.

I will add that it is a mistake I think I have made only once in all the years and many thousands of postings I have made.