Author Topic: World SBK  (Read 2366 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
World SBK
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:26:11 AM »
World Super Bike kicks off this afternoon (if you have a video pass) at Phillip Island.  Three Brits are in the front row...Rea, Davies, and Haslam.  Should be an interesting race with the high track temps.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

Re: World SBK
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:38:52 AM »
I've watched a few bike races in the past 5 years or so and had to turn off the sound as the Brit announcer just irritated the living $hit outta me, I know its world, so why not have a Brit calling the race right? I mean, they do speak English, and he's from......well, England, and the feed going to English speaking countries should have someone from England calling the race right? Any chance of getting a U.S. or Canadian guy to call the races? I know, forget it, oh well, maybe races televised in the U.S. will be different.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
I actually quite like the accents..makes me feel at home.  I even had one when I was very young..  I found a recording of my brothers and I talking to dad and one would think I was quite the upper crust.  But then again I attended English schools until about 3rd grade.  MotoGP uses US announcers when they race here which bothers the crap out of me as I'm used to the English/Australian accents for most of the international races.  I don't remember if SBK uses US announcers here when they race as it's not really US televised.  BEIN sports is the television outlet (I hate them).  Directv televises it but you have to have the super duper package in order to view it.  In thinking about it, it might be cheaper to do that than pay SBK directly for the feed, although I get to see more of what's going on with them.

Just checked..it's way cheaper to just buy the video pass from SBK and I get to listen to all those wonderful accents.... :P :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:52:21 AM »
My favorite bike series now that American racing is so messed up. Rea and Sykes will have their hands full with the Aprilias and new R1's.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »
OK
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
My favorite bike series now that American racing is so messed up. Rea and Sykes will have their hands full with the Aprilias and new R1's.

I think in order of like it's SBK, British SBK, MotoGP, and US racing but that could change with the new sheriff in town this year for the US.  We'll have to see.  I stopped watching US SBK years ago and based on what's happened, I think quite a few others did as well.

VIR here in VA will be hosting a US MC race and I'm debating on whether to see it or not.  Possibly do a forum get together as well if others are interested.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:09 PM »
Rea takes first, then Haslam and Davies.  Crazy race at the end.  All I can say is  :banana :banana :banana

And guess what?  It was a Kwackers bike in first!  :banana :banana :banana

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:12:15 PM »
Rea takes first, then Haslam and Davies.  Crazy race at the end.  All I can say is  :banana :banana :banana

And guess what?  It was a Kwackers bike in first!  :banana :banana :banana

Great way to start the year! The WSS racing should be good also..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
Bit different in race 2, Haslam first, then Rea, Davies, and Sykes  :banana :banana :banana :banana