Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143473 times)

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #380 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »
Nope, that line isn't old yet.

And Max, that line will never get old.  ;D

:P
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stoneworrior

• 2005 Gixxer 600 2011 Ninja 650R 2012 Connie 14ABS
« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
I'm just happy the bike was alright, as far as the potato launcher comment, this bike serves one purpose and one purpose only. Get me to work and home on a daily basis and allow me to use the carpool lane. L.A. rush hour traffic is a mutha without a bike!  ;D
My money used to go to my Gixxer, then my Harley Springer Softail, then my CBR. Sold most of my other bikes and down to a Gixxer 1000 a Gixxer 600 and the Connie. The 1000 is being sold on Sunday and then the 600 will go up for sale, I'm getting a Street Glide to sink some money into  :D
Connie for daily driving, Street Glide for weekend cruising  :P

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #382 on: February 03, 2013, 01:10:46 AM »
all of the pictures in this thread are wonderful...but somewhere along the way I missed something...where/how do I order the canyon cage guards?
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline Conrad

« Reply #383 on: February 03, 2013, 06:45:11 AM »
all of the pictures in this thread are wonderful...but somewhere along the way I missed something...where/how do I order the canyon cage guards?

Contact Ryan

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8605.msg132639#msg132639
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #384 on: February 04, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »
You are just in awe of the greatness of the stock muffler, that's all.  Size envy....

+1 :thumbs: :goodpost:

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #385 on: February 04, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »
You're welcome Stone! I'm glad to hear that the cages saved your bike from certain additional damage!

You can either send me a PM on the forums here, email me directly, or call me at the office! Whichever way is most convenient for you is fine with me! I can answer any questions you have as well as send you pricing information or additional photos.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline bongo

« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2013, 05:18:44 AM »
Hi I`m a newbie to the forum.
 I`m interested in a set of  Canyon Cages for my 2008 GTR 1400 which has been lowered by about 2cm or 20mm.
Has anyone fitted them to a lowered GTR? Will there be enough ground clearance when she`s lent over? 
Ali

GTR1400
2Infinity&Beyond,Back4Tea!!!

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2013, 05:54:11 AM »
Hi I`m a newbie to the forum.
 I`m interested in a set of  Canyon Cages for my 2008 GTR 1400 which has been lowered by about 2cm or 20mm.
Has anyone fitted them to a lowered GTR? Will there be enough ground clearance when she`s lent over?

Welcome!!

Mine is lowered more than 2cm (1") and when it fell over with the Canyons, it JUST BARELY TOUCHED the bottom fairing in one little spot.  I believe if it were not lowered, it would not touch at all (which is the design). Of course, yours is a 1st gen not 2nd gen, so the design is different, but the design goals of the bars was the same.

Keep in mind that when mine did touch (barely) from a non-moving tipover,  the pegs were already touching before the cages did.  So I doubt the cages will affect cornering lean at all, even when the bike is lowered.  So go for it!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
You should also look here...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9386.0

Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline clogan

« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »

If you do a Google search, you may find vendors who sell for less than the manufacturer...that's what I did.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Conrad

« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »
Has anyone found a cover or something for the step nut on the left side of the bike? That thing needs to either be covered up or painted.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2013, 11:43:43 AM »
Rattle canned mine Satin black, just like every other nut and bolt that should be black.  :thumbs:

Edit: Since this is the Show us your Canyon Cage thread, I had to go take pictures.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »

Good lookin black gasshole Gumby!  8) :thumbs:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
For some reason that doesn't sound quite right.  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:58 AM »

Good lookin black gasshole Gumby!  8) :thumbs:

For some reason that doesn't sound quite right.  :-\

Offline Aussie

Re: Show us your Canyon Cage - Price
« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
Is anyone seeing any discounts on the cages ... if so can you post a link or PM me please? I think that it's time to buy/install these babies.
2012 Concours 14, Candy Ariabian Red

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage - Price
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Is anyone seeing any discounts on the cages ... if so can you post a link or PM me please? I think that it's time to buy/install these babies.

The best time is before you drop the bike :)   (And in that regard, I lucked out for once).  Not aware of any discounts, however.  But even at "normal" price, they will pay for themselves a couple of times over the very first time the bike is pushed over.

Offline bkromer

• 2012 C14 Black
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »
I am seriously considering a set of these cages, but was wondering if they have to be removed  when work is done on the engine and if so, how difficult is it to remove them?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer

Bruce

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
I am seriously considering a set of these cages, but was wondering if they have to be removed  when work is done on the engine and if so, how difficult is it to remove them?

Depends on what engine work you are performing.  You can remove all the plastics without removing the cages if you just make one tiny slit in the side fairing and that slit is hidden behind the front side fairing.  You could even put a piece of black duct tape on the back side if you think it might move at all.

I used an older version of this tool to just snip it and then I bend one part to the left while bending the other part to the right and slip it over the pipe.  Thank you Rasmith for the suggestion.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-edge-utility-cutter/p-00937309000P?PDP_REDIRECT=false&s_tnt=39869:4:0
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline aristarchus

• 5 Years of 2 ZG14's experience, over 120,000 miles
« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »
Hi Gumby, I ran accross this post and I had to register for this site so I can respond.  Never, ever, ever, use the bars in the back as a tie down area.  They will break your sub frame.  I made this mistake and nearly lost the bike.  The only thing holding the rear bar, bag mount and rear foot beg is a 2" tab welded to the subframe.  The weld will break with this force that you have from the tie downs.  I replaced my subframe myself, 9 hours of labor and 800.00 from Kawasaki.  Instead, thread through the kickstand mount underneath or use the bars of the rear subframe to tie down.  I can send pictures later, I still have my broken subframe in the garage so I'll get pictures up.  I have enjoyed your pics so far.  I'm on my second connie and we share similar mods.  Cheers.

Not so sure I would recommend  this, but it works. I was stressing for 12 miles, and it got worse with every bump.  Kootos to MCEnterprises and their well built tip over protection.

hpc