Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191954 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »
And billed for all the kits.

I like that as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »
That, my friends, is a thing of beauty!

I still have a question for everyone that's ever had a KiPass issue. What model year do you have that failed? I wish everyone that posted that theirs stuck would start their post with that tidbit of info.

When did Kawasaki change to a stronger spring? Wondering if my '11 has the beefier one.

Mine is an early '08 (early August '07).  We started hearing something about a spring over a year ago, I think.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
Good think that I didn't press the wrong button!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

ang

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
I need this before my once a year long road trip in three weeks! Peace of mind, priceless! Within reason of course.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:11:05 PM by ang »

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Kipass is infallible!  ;D
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline koval68

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »
Count me in, Brian!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »
No, it is not too much. In fact I can say with certainty that I am willing to accept whatever amount it takes to provide each of you with the finest KiPass activation switch bypass system yet known to the world.  ;D

Tranquility. Security. Absolute confidence that your vehicle will bring you back from wherever you happen to go. You wouldn’t think you could put a price on something like that but it turns out that you can- and that price is $50 US, including delivery via US Priority shipping in the continental US. That price even includes a genuine Bussman 15 amp fuse. For anyone outside the continental US contact me via e-mail and I will quote a price including delivery. Included with each harness are at least three (3) genuine Kirby hairs (hey, he is the shipping dept.).

I have a few harnesses ready but am not yet set up to receive funds from PayPal; that should be ready by the end of next week. I will post when the arrangements are made.

To anyone who wants to re-think buying one of these now that the price is known, I understand completely. It really was not fair to post the availability of the product without posting a price but I did not yet know what all of the components cost.

Brian

Dependent on pricing?  It can't be that much......can it?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
I still want one count me in. PM me your address and I will send a check if that is what you want.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline seajay

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 07:27:12 AM »
I still want one count me in. PM me your address and I will send a check if that is what you want.

+1
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 07:36:23 AM »
Brian, will you take a shrubbery?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
I wanted to add that but my bandwidth is severely constrained at the moment and I'm being blocked by a firewall...  I have updated my avatar accordingly.

Offline overlord

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
 great peice of mind   count me in...

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »
I am definitely still in, peace of mind miles from home is worth it.   I may have missed it but I am assuming you can access the fuse w/o removing the black panel?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
Yep, shrubbery is perfectly acceptable although it must be a specific genus such as the example shown here:

And not just one but five (5) of the above shown shrubs are required. For this you get unlimited piece of mind and endless serenity.

Brian

Brian, will you take a shrubbery?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 11:41:04 AM »
Yes- the pigtail with the fuse is simply tucked under that black panel until you need it- then you just reach under, pull out the fuse holder and remove the fuse cover and fuse. Replacing the fuse will initiate the LCD and KiPass. You can actually do it while sitting on the bike and the fuse can be removed / replaced with only one hand. Also, if you will be starting the bike a few times the fuse cover can actually be left off until the ign. is fixed so that it is easier and faster to get to the fuse. The fuse can be left hanging without any risk as it cannot hang down far enough to cause any trouble. Again, once the ign. is repaired the cover would be put back on and the fuse holder again tucked up under that black cover.

By the way, you could attach the fuse holder cover to the black panel with some double faced tape but I would not recommend it as that would make it more difficult to access when / if you ever need to, especially in the dark.

Brian

I am definitely still in, peace of mind miles from home is worth it.   I may have missed it but I am assuming you can access the fuse w/o removing the black panel?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
I have 10 harnesses ready to ship. More will be available next week but I can get these out right away. Please e-mail me to give me your name and address as well as setting up payment. The folks that already stated that they wanted one will get the harnesses from the first batch.

bdfelice<at>cox<dot>net

I was really not prepared to start selling these yet and so have not had the opportunity to try them on any 2nd generation C-14s (2010 and later) I believe they will fit and work the same as there is no change to the schematic but as I have not personally verified this I want to pass along to any late C-14 owners who may want to buy one. I would really like someone with a 2010 or later model to try one out and let me know that it does work.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or amusing stories. Kirby really likes an amusing story.

Brian

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
e-mail sent.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
me too
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline C14_Rider

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
So just to make sure I have this right -- if I don't get the harness, and I have the problem, I can remove the left side black panel and disconnect/reconnect the gray connector, start it immediately, and I'm good to go.  Then presumably I would go to the dealer and they would replace the spring, and it should not happen again.  Right?

Has anyone gone to a dealer to see if they would replace the spring on a pre-emptive basis since it's a known issue and they must have a TSB or some communication from Kawi on it?
Steve  2008 C14 ABS; Rostra cruise; Laminar Lip; Kwik Cover; Fenda Extenda; Murphs bar risers; V&H CS1 stainless (soon); Zumo;