Author Topic: Weather Channel a Joke  (Read 3738 times)

Offline zsiska

• Arena
Weather Channel a Joke
« on: August 29, 2011, 03:17:09 AM »
I got a little peaved about the Hurricane Irene coverage on the Weather Channel.  All you heard about for 3 days was NY.   It was like they could have cared less about how the storm would affect the other areas and states it was hitting.  For every 1 minute of NC, VA, or MD coverage, there was probably 20 of NY.  What really got me was that when the storm was actually hitting NC and VA, they kept cutting to Jim Cantore in NY and it hadn't even started raining or the wind blowing yet.  So from what I gather from the coverage, NY is the most important place on the planet to them and they could care less about the people who might have been injured or killed or the damage caused in any of the more southern states.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Weather Channel a Joke
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:42:40 AM »
What else would you expect from NBCUniversal?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:09:35 AM »
I'm also wishing that the people who stick themselves in the winds of a hurricane either get washed out to sea with a big wave or get blown down the beach from the winds or get covered in raw sewage.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:46:01 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 06:52:02 AM »
The more people affected, the more coverage, lots of folks along eastern seaboard, hence, the coverage. Florida folks are laughing I'm thinking. NY gets some rain and the world stops.

Five iconic images that are "must show" for hurricane coverage

1-stop sign flapping in wind

2-wave crashing up against breakwall

3-roof being torn off house

4-idiot surfers riding waves

5-tie-moron reporter talking in rain trying to keep balance or coat on-or-
   traffic light swinging in wind/power line on ground sparking

These images must be shown every 10-20 minutes or at least during the reporting, this helps smaller stations that don't have national affiliations, they can show stock footage of other storms and be reletivley safe.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »
I enjoy the format.   Repeat information, throw to commercial, then repeat and reset the same info before another commercial set.  Then again, I do appreciate them not showing the same old file video of Osama Bin Lauden with the machine gun.  I guess they could nto find a way to fit that in.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:37:54 AM »
I'm also wishing that the people who stick themselves in the winds of a hurricane either get washed out to sea with a big wave or get blown down the beach from the winds.

Maybe this should happen to more of them.

Fox weather reporter gets covered in sewage.

Nelson Muntz
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
I thought it odd that all up and down the coast people were being evacuated, the president was warning folks to get out, the news was trumpeting the end as we know it, hour after hour of radar images, and what do we see? People standing, walking on the beach, idiots surfing. A rescue worker was killed trying to save someone, I'm not sure where it was though.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Here's my summary:

Footage of guy in rainsuit standing in wind and / or surf shouting:

"Its really windy out here.  There's lots of rain and the waves are picking up.

Some people are boarding up their houses, some are evacuating and some are going to ride it out".

Repeat every half hour.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:22:33 AM »
Being at work for 24 hours at a time gives guys a bit of some down time. I got guys here that sit, open mouthed all day and watch hurricane coverage. I ask them where are they during a winter storm? Weather in some parts of the country has become a national fetish/preoccupation for many, bordering on ridiculous and fueled by agenda's, my opinion only. I'll consult it if I got plans the next day, other than that, I look out the window, its worked for many years for many folks. Open up a window and get on with your life.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
I agree, and the only way TWC could make it up to us is to take that damn rain jacket off of Stephanie, and put here back out is the rain, and provide a live feed.
 There, my $.02.
Ride safe all,
Greg
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:04:50 PM by Pfloydgad »
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »
Either her or Heather.....
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »
Add Kelly Cas to that also.  Something about her eyes.

Offline rhetoric

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »
on yo*tube, search hurricane irene streakers.    I think it's wonderful.  A pompous, self-important "weathercaster" trying to look brave in harms way and all hacked off because a bunch of college kids are running around in the background having a blast!  (no nudity -- sorry guys)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »
I agree, and the only way TWC could make it up to us is to take that damn rain jacket off of Stephanie, and put here back out is the rain, and provide a live feed.
 There, my $.02.
Ride safe all,
Greg

:P   :thumbs: