Author Topic: WOW--Slingshot  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
WOW--Slingshot
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Anyone seen this?  Am I behind the times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvDt3XRKl0

And NO it not a Connie.
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: WOW--Slingshot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »
You are behind Clark. We've all sent our deposit in on the group buy.  8)

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
You are behind Clark. We've all sent our deposit in on the group buy.  8)

OK,  I want to buy one of the used 2010 or newer 1400's that will be up for sale for the down payments! 

How does $5K sound.  I want it under 10k miles with a top box, risers, ABS, etc.  :chugbeer:

And what do all you young wipper snappers want with a "Sit Down" bike.  That one is for the over 70 crowd.  Us who can't walk straight anymore.   Want to ask why?  :yikes: :stirpot:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »
Yuck on the public roads.  I could care less what they "call" it, it is NOT a motorcycle.  I'd love to have one at a track, but, like the so called Smart Car, no way, no how on public roads.  All the negatives of a bike, with not even one of the benefits.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
Yuck on the public roads.  I could care less what they "call" it, it is NOT a motorcycle.  I'd love to have one at a track, but, like the so called Smart Car, no way, no how on public roads.  All the negatives of a bike, with not even one of the benefits.

Take a look at the way it's built.  Wheel stance 4" wider than a vet.  Longer than a Subaru.  More power than a weed eater. (just kidding on that one).

Reports say it handles really well.  Time will tell.

No, it is not a true motorcycle.  But when the time comes (and it will for all of us)  when we can't ride a 2 wheeler or hold one up (bike I mean) this is going to be a great way to stay in the wind and the rain.   And pick up chicks, if you can remember why.  :chugbeer:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »
Anyone bother to tell you your post count will never go up, unless you post in a zone other than Farina, or genpop..? Open..?
C'mon over to the darkside, share Concours Motorcycle related experiences and techno babbel with us.... please....
With as much of the map in your sig line that has been crayola'd in with colors, I would expect some  semblence of posts centered around all this epic riding, and experiences gained.. but,  as a casual observer, I've watched the map fill, without deviation of arena posts, making it a bit precocious on believabilty, or credence. Sorry, not trying to criticise, but just asking that if you venture into the land of riders, please, please, pleeeeeze, have somthing more to offer than your arena persona. Personally, I've not seen a day go by, since you appeared here, where yo cold have covered the ground you so document, unless it was in your pre college years in search of good bud....in a 4 wheel vehicle.

Rant off... jo mamma , oops, I slipped again....
C'mon, I'm sure with all the roads you have suposidly traveled, you could do a fantastic journey bio, we could all learn from.....(bewrare, we can all google)...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 05:30:05 AM »

It is classified as a motorcycle to get away from the federal regulations that are put on cars.  Too me that is the only reason they made it a 3 wheeler instead of a 4 wheeler.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »
Ouch...I feel like I'm witnessing the Night of the Long Knives. In his defense, crime does happen and needs to be fought everywhere,  and he does not need wheels to get around.... :)

Getting back to the topic on hand, I would be interested in the Slingshot. A somewhat inexpensive toy to add to the collection.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »
It's a sports car without the DOT limitations and requirements of an actual 4 wheel car. Not for me because I prefer to ride a bike. But for many that don't want to ride a bike for whatever reason, this could be a fun vehicle. I'd love to take one for a test ride.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »
Starting At (CA MSRP) $26,499
http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/slingshot

Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »
Anyone bother to tell you your post count will never go up, unless you post in a zone other than Farina, or genpop..? Open..?
C'mon over to the darkside, share Concours Motorcycle related experiences and techno babbel with us.... please....
With as much of the map in your sig line that has been crayola'd in with colors, I would expect some  semblence of posts centered around all this epic riding, and experiences gained.. but,  as a casual observer, I've watched the map fill, without deviation of arena posts, making it a bit precocious on believabilty, or credence. Sorry, not trying to criticise, but just asking that if you venture into the land of riders, please, please, pleeeeeze, have somthing more to offer than your arena persona. Personally, I've not seen a day go by, since you appeared here, where yo cold have covered the ground you so document, unless it was in your pre college years in search of good bud....in a 4 wheel vehicle.

Rant off... jo mamma , oops, I slipped again....
C'mon, I'm sure with all the roads you have suposidly traveled, you could do a fantastic journey bio, we could all learn from.....(bewrare, we can all google)...

OK,  Here is the start of the story.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eX2pRvlqJc   

I come from a place I can't even put on your maps.  I have been places you can only dream of. 

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 09:51:06 AM »
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »

Isn't that cheaper than a Can-Am Spyder?
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »

They are selling in Wa. state for $19,999 and $23,999 at:
ALLSPORT POLARIS HONDA

19505 EAST BROADWAY
LIBERTY LAKE,  WA  99016
509-926-5044

You can order them now for that price.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
They are selling in Wa. state for $19,999 and $23,999 at:
ALLSPORT POLARIS HONDA

19505 EAST BROADWAY
LIBERTY LAKE,  WA  99016
509-926-5044

You can order them now for that price.

Try buying a 2 seat convertible with that kind of performance for that price. People looking for a 2nd or 3rd car, convertible, just for fun car, this is an option.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
The bike or the rider?  :chugbeer:
And here I thought people were just picking on you.  ;)

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
Try buying a 2 seat convertible with that kind of performance for that price. People looking for a 2nd or 3rd car, convertible, just for fun car, this is an option.

Bought my very low mileage Solstice Convertible for half that.  Has weather protection and AC.  My real problem with a car that is classified as a motorcycle is that I would have to wear a helmet while driving it.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Seems like you might need a dune buggy flag just to be seen.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
And here I thought people were just picking on you.  ;)

Guess everyone is right.  I need to go back to the ARENA.

Helmets would be optional.  You would have to follow your state law on helmets.  If your state does not require helmets for motorcycles,  you will not need on when driving the Slingshot.