Author Topic: Buell Ulysses foot pegs on c14  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Silverbullet65

Buell Ulysses foot pegs on c14
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »
I was hoping someone here has experience
With these pegs on the Connie... do I need to
Adjust the clutch and brake or can I just swap em out?
Safety is no accident

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Buell Ulysses foot pegs on c14
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »
I have them on my C-14 and like them but they are not quite 'plug n' play'. You will have to drill the hole in the Buell pegs out a bit to fit the larger pins on the C-14.  Then you will have to adjust both foot levers, the shift lever by moving it a spline or two on the input shaft and the brake as low as you can get it. The brake lever ended up a bit too high for my liking but as I really liked the pegs, I learned to live with the brake lever where it is.

BTW- if you are tempted to bend either lever to make an 'adjustment', that will not work without a lot of heat and perhaps not even then, both levers are cast aluminum and just not malleable.

I did a little write- up about different pegs on the C-14 (stock, Buell and Murph's) on this forum but I think that was well before the great reset of 2011 and so that data is gone. Plus the photos were on Photobucket..... back when it was free.

You might also want to take a look at Murph's aftermarket pegs- they are about 1 1/2" lower than stock and are ready to go out of the package.

Brian

I was hoping someone here has experience
With these pegs on the Connie... do I need to
Adjust the clutch and brake or can I just swap em out?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Silverbullet65

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
Thanks Brian
I ordered the Buell pegs
Before you posted this ...Do you think it’s
Easier just to return ship them and buy Murphs
And eat the $18 return shipping on the Buells
Safety is no accident

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:56:43 AM »
I tried the Buell pegs at first. I do not recall having any difficulty installing them, but was not satisfied with how much they were lower. I changed to Motorcycle Larry's lowering brackets which I was happy with. Recently onof the MCL brackets was cracked in a drop. I now have the Murphs pegs and am happy with them. I prefer the MCLs but they are no longer available.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Silverbullet65

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing
The info👍
Are murphs better than
The Buells?
Safety is no accident

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »
Both are nice, well made pegs. I liked the shape of the Buells more like sport pegs. The Murphs are larger and flatter. But comfort rules. As Brian said the Murphs are about 1.5 inch lower. As I recall the Buells only about .75 inch lower.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »
Personal choice- it is sort of like asking which flavor ice cream is best- I can give you an answer but it just does not apply  ;)

I found a thread from way back, located here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=589.msg21855#msg21855    Unfortunately, I have been 'Photobucketed' since that time and they are now holding the photos hostage unless I pay the ransom (they are now fee- based and I have to pay for my photos to appear).

As I said, Murph's pegs are ready to use, Buell's must be modified first. There are also peg lowering brackets that move the stock pegs down but they also move them outward which I did not care for, plus they really reduce cornering clearance.

Brian

Thanks for sharing
The info👍
Are murphs better than
The Buells?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Silverbullet65

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Thanks again
The ice cream analogy is funny...I thought in terms of
Comfort there would a clear tangible difference...
Really appreciate your input
Happy 4th
Safety is no accident

Offline Diablo6v

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 11:41:46 AM »
I bought the Buell Pegs and didn't like the height issue. I decided on these instead. I understand that some year 1800 Goldwing pegs fit some Kawasaki's?    ;D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 05:13:15 PM »
are those the famous $115 pegs, for a Versys, that suddenly caused a post to dissapear from the "other Forum"...?

:stirpot: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :thumbs: :thumbs:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
are those the famous $115 pegs, for a Versys, that suddenly caused a post to dissapear from the "other Forum"...?

:stirpot: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Must  have  story... ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 07:27:21 PM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 07:53:31 PM »
someone posted the "miraculous" find of pegs, on Cog.. our fellow member jim Snyder commented "you could use Goldwing pegs.. they fit", and he was lambasted by the posting person to the point of ridiculous diatribe. i don't stand for that kind of crap. Especially when aimed at fellow members I know, and know they have contributed for years on end, when a person "popps up" and poops on the carpet.. it was all "erased".... like a lot of stuff gets lately. You guys know Jim. he was trying to assist, instead the o/p tried to shove a poker up his butt.... nuff said.

I'm getting pretty sick of all this crap, personally. when the faucet gets shut off.... well someone will have to provide the water... or, hopefully they don't.. then the interlopers will subside, for a day or two.

mehhh.. carry on.. nuttin' to see...
people really ought to consider the sources of info provided, and let the air out of the pillow they sit on tho, before they attack people that have tried to provide info to save them money, pain, and loss of riding time.. in lieu of an instant smartazz comment, or 5.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
.. our fellow member jim Snyder commented "you could use Goldwing pegs.. they fit", and he was lambasted by the posting person to the point of ridiculous diatribe... it was all "erased".... like a lot of stuff gets lately.

One of the reasons I love COG and yet don't go on the COG forum much. The fan boys problem, the control and worry about "COG's appearance on the web" to the point that I can't modify my own posts there, after a week I need a mod's help to mess with them. Here, or on the MSTA forum, I can delete my account or go back to my my very first post (2011) and add a comma if I want to. On the COG forum they own my posts now even though I pay dues.

I think Brian has sort of forgiven them, me not so much.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
Well, I do not think forgiven is the right word. More like I 'wised up' and learned how to deal with that situation- even in my old- age I can learn apparently.  ::) ;D  For me, it is simple: I like a lot of COG folks, includin' some way down in Tehas.  ;)  But there were things I did not like, and made the foolish choice to try and change some of those things. Then of course, I let my emotions get in front of my thinking and that went poorly as it had to. But I still really like a lot of COGgers, most local though some very far away, and still interact with my local group somewhat- I am actually 'the' C-14 tech. guy at tech. day in MA every spring. And I look forward to it- it is a great time, with great people and a guy usually shows up who spends the day telling bad jokes and making witty observations :-)  And I do participate on their forum though only when I think I can say something of some use and never, ever, EVER, get sucked up into any type of back- and- forth or conflict.

And COG has changed quite a bit since I was a member though it has nothing to do with me (which is fine of course). So the blatant favoritism is pretty much over although the subtler favoritism marches on- but again, it is not my group and it is none of my business so I am not invested in any of that.

But at any rate, I am not spending any additional emotion on that issue. Besides, a little over a year ago I got what I think is the best experience of my life when my Granddaughter was born; easily the cutest, most adorable and most pleasant human anywhere on the planet. So any annoyances with people over the 'Net will shrink in comparison to real- life events.  ;D ;D ;D

Brian (proud Grandfather of Penelope- I even love her name!)

One of the reasons I love COG and yet don't go on the COG forum much. The fan boys problem, the control and worry about "COG's appearance on the web" to the point that I can't modify my own posts there, after a week I need a mod's help to mess with them. Here, or on the MSTA forum, I can delete my account or go back to my my very first post (2011) and add a comma if I want to. On the COG forum they own my posts now even though I pay dues.

I think Brian has sort of forgiven them, me not so much.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 03:56:04 PM »
Congrats Grampa. My granddaughter just turned 16.  :o

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
I was just told I'm on the way for my 3'rd little bundle of Grampa joy.. it's a girly girl, and I'm so excited to be a gramps.. again...

the love of my life, is my wife, and my grand kids.. they actually listen to stuff.. go figure... Gramma Dona spends hours and hours, talking to our G/D, I guess the girl trusts Grandma, more than anyone.. because she's "cool"..   at least I think they both are...
 :banana :banana :banana :banana :thumbs: :hail: :banana :banana