Author Topic: Onboard computer display mod  (Read 41231 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Onboard computer display mod
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2019, 06:52:06 AM »
FYI, Photobucket is continuing it's downward spiral. Your images in the first post are not visible. I suggest https://postimages.org/ instead.

That's a 7 year old post.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2019, 08:11:58 AM »
That's a 7 year old post.
I know.
Doesn't hurt to mention it though.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »
I know.  Doesn't hurt to mention it though.

Lots of good info in old posts.  I always try to resurrect an old but relevant thread rather than creating a new one.  But it is unfortunate when people post links to photos rather than uploading them.  Lots of important information is then lost over time.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »
I may have some of my pics when I found this thread and did the mod. I'll see if I can find and upload those.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2019, 12:18:38 AM »
I may have some of my pics when I found this thread and did the mod. I'll see if I can find and upload those.
I would certainly appreciate that.  Thanks!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2019, 06:35:03 AM »
If you use Chrome there is a Photobucket Hotlink Fix extension. The pictures display as intended.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline PH14

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
If you use Chrome there is a Photobucket Hotlink Fix extension. The pictures display as intended.

The photography forums I belong to have pretty much banned photobucket. It is not an outright ban, but their service is highly frowned upon, and they strongly discourage its use.

I stopped using it when they originally locked everything up unless you paid, effectively holding users' images hostage. They did change that policy after the outrage that followed, but they never did get back to what they were. I still had images on Photobucket until recently. They sent me an email saying I was over their limit, despite the fact I was way under their limit. They then said I went over their bandwidth limits for their free accounts, despite not using the service since their initial debacle.

I was traveling at the time and told them not to worry, I would delete all my images and account when I returned, telling them why I no longer use their service, and that though I am a photographer, and gladly pay for hosting services, I would never pay for theirs after what they did. They kept sending emails saying I don't have to delete my images or account. After repeated emails detailing why myself and other photographers dislike their service, they finally understood. They won't change, and I won't go to any machinations like switching browsers to see an image hosted by Photobucket. It is my hope they go out of business.

In the end, I deleted all my images, but decided to keep the account open to simply take up space. I thought about putting a number of images, up to the limit, all with text describing why I dislike the service, but that would probably be ridiculous and not worth the effort.  :D

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2019, 02:29:58 PM »
Ok found the pics, but need to resize them. Just to confirm, is 1920x1080 the max size to post here? Or what's the suggested minimum size?

After a few years of doing this, mod is still working great (knocks on wood). Really helpful on the 1st gen models (08-09) of cycling the computer screen!

I would certainly appreciate that.  Thanks!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »
Ok found the pics, but need to resize them. Just to confirm, is 1920x1080 the max size to post here? Or what's the suggested minimum size?

The forum will accept 4 attachments per post, with a maximum total size 6MB, maximum individual size 3MB per attachment.  So you can't tell by just resolution, because quality comes into play.  In reality, it is unlikely that anyone would need most photos larger than 1280x1024 (4:3) or 1920x1080 (16:9) (around 1 to 1.5 megapixels) unless there is a HUGE amount of sharp detail and they need to zoom in.  So I think that is an appropriate guideline to use.

It can actually be annoying when 5+ megapixel photos are posted because they take much longer to download.  Why people do this (upload crazy-huge photos) is they typically don't know how to resize the images- it is something I wish the forum software would just do automatically.  Oh well, it is what it is!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc