Author Topic: Ride to "The Snake"  (Read 4098 times)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
Ride to "The Snake"
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »
Seems like a lot of people are familiar with "The Dragon" in this area. There is a lesser known route here known as "The Snake". It is Hwy. 421 between Bristol,Tn and Mountain City, Tn. Longer than the Dragon -- over 30 miles, less traffic and less commercial. Also some great backroads nearby. Plus they have a mean  bologna sandwich(fried if you want-with the notch) at the store at the crossroads. I live in the area and would love to show y'all some of the territory when you come to the national in JC. It is closer to JC and an easy day ride. If I could help you enjoy your stay here, I plan on coming to the rally, so just PM me or holler at me at the rally. I have the same name as an Admin. on this site.
Thanx
Rick :chugbeer:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Ride to "The Snake"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »
I'm game! Always up for some less known roads as well as eateries! See you at the National!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
You folks really want to take OP up on this offer, the Snake is awesome

I run the 421 snake a few times a year  ;D

Lisa on my bike

Had a summer downpour so bad we called mercy and pulled into this place between boone and the snake

How the law-dog was rollin' on the Snake

How we were rollin' on the snake

crazy place out of nowhere there's bristol

ridin' buddies, Paula just got a SWEET 600RR knee puck burner bike, Can't wait to see it on the snake

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline andydude

• Giddy up .....Let's Ride !!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »
Seems like a lot of people are familiar with "The Dragon" in this area. There is a lesser known route here known as "The Snake". It is Hwy. 421 between Bristol,Tn and Mountain City, Tn. Longer than the Dragon -- over 30 miles, less traffic and less commercial. Also some great backroads nearby. Plus they have a mean  bologna sandwich(fried if you want-with the notch) at the store at the crossroads. I live in the area and would love to show y'all some of the territory when you come to the national in JC. It is closer to JC and an easy day ride. If I could help you enjoy your stay here, I plan on coming to the rally, so just PM me or holler at me at the rally. I have the same name as an Admin. on this site.
Thanx
Rick :chugbeer:

Thanks for the offer i'll be callin ya !! :-)
2012 Black C14

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
Be glad to do. It will be fun!!
rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »
I'm game. See y'all in June.

quiet and invisible

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
Don't forget to mention the camera speed ticket machine in Bluff City Tn. I got a nice souvenir from Boss Hogg 2 weeks after my vacation for going 6mph over the speed limit. It was a nice $50 ticket with 3 pictures of me and my bike. Killboy doesn't even charge that much and his pictures are a lot nicer.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:16 PM »
Don't forget to mention the camera speed ticket machine in Bluff City Tn.

Hizz honor, the governor from Tennessee got a similar souvenir from the guys there. Made quite a splash in the local news. Needless to say he was not amused. :hitfan:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie