Author Topic: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!  (Read 116323 times)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
Re: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 08:01:57 PM »
My thoughts on the pegs are, they create a contact point earlier than the bars and "something" has to give.  Will the peg roll around and hit the fairing?  Will they cause the bar to bend in?  Either of those seems like a reason to not use them - as much as I'd like the extra comfort now and then.  But then, I can ride for miles standing up.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline luther163

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
Hi,

Do you have service to Taiwan?

I am ok with Paypal or others for payment. It is of course to pay shipping fee.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 08:58:38 PM »
Hey Luther, good to see you here!
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
Comeon guys, hurry up and hit 31, Ryan and his crew have a set of gen ones to design ;D

If you guys with the pre10s Concourses were in this group buy, it probably would already be over 31.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
If you guys with the pre10s Concourses were in this group buy, it probably would already be over 31.
I'd estimate 21+ already.  I wonder if Ryan will sweeten the deal if we get over 50 total?  How 'bout it Ryan?  We are know to be a frugal lot ;)  I'm even down for a set of pegs, I got some touring to do and the knees sure don't like anything over 10 hours :o

Offline luther163

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 03:01:29 AM »
Hey Luther, good to see you here!

Hi Necron,

I am happy of seeing you 2. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 04:08:23 AM »
Ryan, what's the time period for the group buy?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 04:34:47 AM »
He said May 31st in an earlier post.
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »
Thanks, didn't see that.  Too early in the morning.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kawacop1642

Re: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »
Just got off the phone with Ryan. Got them ordered #20. 

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »
Morning everyone! We sure are rocking and rolling on this Group Buy so far! For those of you hell-bent on finding a black peg/1" clamp combo, check out the attachment I attached below. It's a set of black pegs and 1" clamps that look extremely similar to the pegs we offer, just in black! I believe they're from a company called RivCo (http://www.rivcoproducts.com).

Hi,

Do you have service to Taiwan?

I am ok with Paypal or others for payment. It is of course to pay shipping fee.

We can absolutely ship to Taiwan! Generally we use PayPal for overseas orders. If you'd like to participate in the Group Buy, just send me a PM with your full name, shipping address, and email along with what guards you want (The Canyon Cage and/or the saddle bag guards?) and what color you want (chrome, black, or raw?). Thanks!

I'd estimate 21+ already.  I wonder if Ryan will sweeten the deal if we get over 50 total?  How 'bout it Ryan?  We are know to be a frugal lot ;)  I'm even down for a set of pegs, I got some touring to do and the knees sure don't like anything over 10 hours :o

We were thinking about extending it to 50 but we thought it wouldn't have been fair to the guys with the '08-'09s because we assumed the 10+ Canyon Cage would get to 50 but we didn't think the earlier generation bars would. We didn't want you guys to complain that one group was getting a better deal than the other because we're doing separate Group Buys.  :-\ I think we have a good set up now, though. 25% off and free shipping is quite the deal! Especially for a bar that's already relatively affordable!

Ryan, what's the time period for the group buy?

The last day to get your orders in for the 2010-2012 Canyon Cage Group Buy is Thursday, May 31st, 2012. The earlier the better, though!

Just got off the phone with Ryan. Got them ordered #20.

Thanks for your order! We're up to 22 sets!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
Just got mine in #23  ;D ;D
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:15 PM »
Someone should contact Best Western to see if they would be interested in some towel racks.

Haha, I kid, I kid. These bars look SOOO much better than the previous ones!!!

I think you will have more 08 - 09 orders than you realize. Lots of "gray" bikes on the road...

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:53 PM »
Just got mine in #23  ;D ;D

Thanks for your order! We're getting close to the maximum discount!

Someone should contact Best Western to see if they would be interested in some towel racks.

Haha, I kid, I kid. These bars look SOOO much better than the previous ones!!!

I think you will have more 08 - 09 orders than you realize. Lots of "gray" bikes on the road...

Hahahahaha Yea, I think the Canyon Cages look quite a bit better than the older style law enforcement bars as well but those things sure protect the bike well! We've sold tons of those law enforcement bars over the years too. I'm just curious as to how well a product that protects the bike well and actually looks good doing it is going to sell!

You may be right about the 2008-2009 bikes as well. There sure seem to be a lot of them out on the roads. From our standpoint though, it just seems like we sell a lot more for the 2010-2012 models. I guess we'll see what happens when the time comes!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline RIP50AK

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
Placed order with Ryan, #28. No shipping charges to Alaska! That is exceptional.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »
Wow 28...that's ridiculous!  We'll be to the max discount in the first couple days!  Most excellent!
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »
I may well hold this thread hostage until the 08/09 owners get their sets designed...... >:( ;)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
Placed order with Ryan, #28. No shipping charges to Alaska! That is exceptional.

Thanks for your order!

I may well hold this thread hostage until the 08/09 owners get their sets designed...... >:( ;)

Hahahahahha! Nooooo! You guys will get your turn, I promise!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
You may be right about the 2008-2009 bikes as well. There sure seem to be a lot of them out on the roads. From our standpoint though, it just seems like we sell a lot more for the 2010-2012 models.

I have no data on how many of each year bikes were sold (was discussed in a separate thread, but it is confidential data that Kawasaki doesn't release).  Logically, there were only two model years for gen 1 and we are now into 3 model years of gen 2 (who knows if there will be a 4th year of gen 2).  But there might have been more interest in the bike when it first came out- so it might be a wash for now.

But other factors come into play-  the older bikes are more likely to already have some type of drop/crash protection, and the newer bike owners are more likely to be nervous about adding drop/crash protection.  It will be interesting to see how the statistics play out :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
Wow 28...that's ridiculous!  We'll be to the max discount in the first couple days!  Most excellent!

Yeah- excellent indeed!  We might have to start hounding Ryan to move UP the deadline (closer to now) so we can get things moving faster ;)

I wonder- has word leaked out to the "other" Concours group yet?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc