Author Topic: ZL900 owner  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Scoobys_piece

ZL900 owner
« on: June 23, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
Hello:

Just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm interested in this site, for the members who have taken on the task of upgrading their front brake systems.  Seems pre 94 concours share the same fork leg as the ZL1000, which is the same as the 900. Guess you know where I'm going with this, so I'm interested in getting up with ENIM57, if he's still here and get the bracket (unless someone else) has it for sale.  Their is a ton of reading on this topic and would like some help, identifying exactly what will go together for a smooth transistion.  My prob is that I have flair wheels, and hoping that the caliper doesn't hit the wheel itself. Thanks for reading...

Offline connie_rider

Re: ZL900 owner
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
I'll see if I can locate ENIM57 for you.
But it should be fairly easy to come up with the calipers you want.
Look for bikes being parted out.
I think I saw one earlier today.

Ride safe, Ted

Update; PM sent to him.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:32:20 PM »
I miss My ZL900 more than any other bike I have owned, and sold. It was such a beautiful machine, and about as practical as a 16 piece orchestra on a fire engine.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Scoobys_piece

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
The 9 is an enigma....hehehehe. It's a bike that noone knows about....but after they get beat by it, they are most interested as to what just left them in the dust.  I have also done the mean streak rear rim conversion.  I have a 200 metzler on the back...looks like a cement roller, and the lean angle is insane.   Concours owners can benefit from this conversion as well.  I LOVE radials on a 28 year old sled.  I say sled, as that's the name of my bike....sled..like in rocket sled, cuz this thing just flys...it's almost too fast...naaaaaaa~!!!!! Thanks for the responses.

Offline Scoobys_piece

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »
I'll see if I can locate ENIM57 for you.
But it should be fairly easy to come up with the calipers you want.
Look for bikes being parted out.
I think I saw one earlier today.

Ride safe, Ted

Update; PM sent to him.

Roger that ghost rider....but someone has got up with me and I am planning on getting a pair from him...Too lazy to locate email....thank you so much for your effort.  I'll post outcome. Take care and you too ride safe.
Scoob