Author Topic: Service Department Washington State  (Read 1783 times)

Offline rvan

Service Department Washington State
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »
    Looking for the best service department near Tacoma. Thinking either Hinsaws or Paulsons. Any thougts either way or something different. I do most of my routine maintainance, but need someone for warranty stuff and the advanced services.

Thanks

Offline RBX QB

Re: Service Department Washington State
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »
Took mine to Hinshaws once for the rear brake recall... nice guys, and decided they didn't want to store my bike overnight so they did the work while I waited (30 minutes or so). They're still a fairly new Kawi dealer, after the 2 shops in Kent shut down about 2 years ago... but they've done motorcycle work for MANY years, and I'll be using them again when needed. Their hourly rates aren't as good as a smaller shop, tho... so I'll continue to do whatever maintenance is practical for my wrenching skills.

Bought my dad's Shadow there... and my friend picked up a Bolt... Both were good buying experiences (not maintenance, but still a decent indicator of company service).

Haven't been out to Paulson's...
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline rvan

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:44 PM »
Thanks for the input.

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:30:04 PM »
Bellevue Kawi is the place to go. The owner is a gem.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »
I've been to Bellevue a few times... Can't say I was super impressed but it wasn't bad.  I would like to find a small independent shop to do my valves though :(

Offline rvan

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
   I went Hinshaws to transfer the extended warranty. Shop looks real nice though I was not impressed with the service writer or customer service. Had to wait as several phone calls came in while being helped. Whatever happened to the customer in front of you is the priority. They are going to do the brake recall so I will see how that goes.

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:12 AM »
Had the brake and bag recall work done at Clems in Enumclaw.  Not impressed with the service manager but the work was fine.  Had an appointment, specifically called the day ahead telling them I had to wait for the work since it was my day off and I was riding there, and they someone did not put me on the books for an appt.  Ultimately they did get me in and did the recall work fine but I don't think I'd go there again.  Looking forward to others thought as I need to eventually get the valves done and would prefer to use an independent shop

Tony