Author Topic: If this doesn't make the point, I don't know what does  (Read 18964 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: If this doesn't make the point, I don't know what does
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 03:33:13 PM »
Yep.  Let's face it, one can make statistics show just about any conclusion one wants to obtain.  Just change the samples, factors, wording, and assumptions.  I can easily find statistics that show gun deaths and crime go *up* when tighter gun controls are enactacted.

The USA is far, far, far less homogeneous than most western European countries in just about every way- race, religion, background, ethnicity, economic, education, values, etc.  Increased diversity = more crime.  Increased freedom usually = more crime.  Neither increased diversity nor freedom is a bad thing.  Freedom does ALWAYS come at a price. 

As far as I know, just about every country has a history of slavery and racism.... that is, if they contained humans.

..and so far we're only half full of marxists.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
Guns, motorcycles, children,  don't want one, don't have one. (Or more)    Do NOT tell me I can't have something because it scares you or makes you uncomfortable. I DON'T CARE.  I find children to be a real pita. I won't presume to tell you not to have them.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:51 PM »
I know I'm a little late to the party here...lol, but what was the point of the two videos again?...lol.

Sorry Steve...just kiddin'...kind of. 8)

Just a note about that second video of the kids in Russia. I've actually spent quite a bit of time in Russia...and I mean in real old fashioned Russia (not just Moscow). The fact that these kids can do this doesn't surprise me. Of all the countries I have been in (almost 30), Russia is still the strangest and most surreal place I have ever been. Anyway...just a word to compare to the USA...I never did see anybody carrying a gun in Russia...other than security guards at the hotels and factories where I was staying/working. I've been to 48 of the US states, and I have seen lots of people with guns...just about every place I worked in Florida I met a guy that had a gun laying on the seat of his truck/car.

In the US, one might worry about being killed by a gun...but in Russia, I think you'd be just as likely to be killed by a 2x4, a crowbar, or with somebody's bare hands...lol. No joke.

As a resident of cold and boring old Canada, we sure do have a different culture here. I'm not saying it's better or worse, just different. I am currently waiting for my rPAL licence, so I guess you could say I'm "pro-gun"...lol.

Anyway...having spent a great deal of time in much of the USA, and quite a bit in Russia, I can say that the two countries are so shockingly different, I don't think you could compare them in any meaningful way.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.