Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 9906 times)

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 11:02:24 am »
  I even washed it later that evening.

You do realize that you typed that out loud, right?  :yikes: :nuts:

I'm glad you're both OK.  :thumbs:

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 03:30:28 pm »
I was in shock..
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »
Took out the C14 to get the yearly inspection 3 months late...  Could barely ride it.  The dark side is winning.  Had trouble finding the shifter and the bike felt like a toy.  Needed a new tire.  Got that put on and then it promptly started raining.  No problems with handling in the wet.  The shifting on the C14 is like butter.  The bike is so smooth.  The power is phenomenal.  But it is too tall now.  The rear brake is soft.  Have to bleed it again.  I hate to say it.  I like the Roadmaster better.
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Online gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2017, 06:51:55 pm »
Abandon hope all ye who enter

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:11 am »
 :'(

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2017, 09:04:12 am »
Went to the Indian Demo Days at our dealer in Fredericksburg this past Friday.   Really went for the free food, though.  Item of interest is that there was one 08 bike parked there.  Never did find out who that rider was but there was another I was speaking to that had an 08 as well.  Is the Dark Side winning?  Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2017, 04:57:19 am »
Went to the Indian Demo Days at our dealer in Fredericksburg this past Friday.   Really went for the free food, though.  Item of interest is that there was one 08 bike parked there.  Never did find out who that rider was but there was another I was speaking to that had an 08 as well.  Is the Dark Side winning?  Only the Shadow knows for sure.

An '08 bike? As in an '08 C14?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2017, 06:24:57 am »
Yep...

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:25 am »
TPMS to the rescue.   Pulled out the other day on my semi regular trip to Dunkin and noticed the pressure in the rear tire was lower than normal.   Bike thought so too and issued a warning light.  Came back afterwards and found a nail in the center of the rear tire.  Pulled it out and plugged it.  Will keep an eye on it, nevertheless. 

It's difficult to check air pressures on this bike due to the fenders and no center stand.  I always watch them when starting out to get a feel of anything going wrong.

That's the first time in nearly 25 years I've got a puncture on a bike.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2017, 10:08:36 am »
Are you sure it was a puncture and not too much Dunkin that caused the tire to be a little flat?  ;D

TPMS to the rescue.   Pulled out the other day on my semi regular trip to Dunkin and noticed the pressure in the rear tire was lower than normal.   Bike thought so too and issued a warning light.  Came back afterwards and found a nail in the center of the rear tire.  Pulled it out and plugged it.  Will keep an eye on it, nevertheless. 

It's difficult to check air pressures on this bike due to the fenders and no center stand.  I always watch them when starting out to get a feel of anything going wrong.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2017, 10:21:32 am »

25 years??  That’s amazing.  I would get nails/screws/staples in my rear tire at least once a month when I was working the road.  Always kept plugs on hand and used them. 

Of course, by the nature of the job, I did a LOT of riding on the shoulders and center dividers...

2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 42k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
What's strange is that I normally ride in the leftmost third of the lane.   I changed that here recently to ride more in the right third instead.   Going back to my wicked ways..

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2017, 02:20:46 pm »
Did a short ride to the Dunkin Donuts and back.  I didn't die from a plugged rear tire.  I will say this, though.  I bought a slime kit with the sticky strings.  Those strings are way tooooooooooo big.  You need them half the size/width.  The only thing they would work with would be a railroad spike.  Don't waste your money on that although the raspy thingy works pretty well and I guess you can use the glue with it.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2017, 10:03:45 pm »
The rear tire?  :o That's where you git most* of yer braking!

* OK, more than most of the rest of us  :P