Author Topic: Where do you keep your passive FOB?  (Read 7655 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Where do you keep your passive FOB?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 05:36:10 AM »
I keep my passive fob tucked right in my bra. They are the handiest things for storing items. Spare money, house key, fobs, cell phones, and sometimes even some left over food. That comes in especially handy on the long days on the road when hunger sets in!   ;D

All that extra storage is well and good but I think that every guy here would agree with me when I say that we love what those things were originally designed to hold.    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
I think perhaps we need a bra thread where the bras can be ranked for storage abilities by brand etc. So does one normally get a cup size larger for extra storage capacity?..if so what happens when there is nothing "extra" to store (i. e. Nicole eats the Milky Way bars she had in there at a rest stop) do the remaining storagee's move around in all that extra space until storage gets restocked?
Enquiring minds A bunch of gray haired ol' farts want to know.  ::)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »
Hey Jim,

Maybe you should meld this and the 'bouncy feeling' thread. They seem to be getting closer. ?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »
Err, getting back to the Passive FOB.

I like the idea of keeping it in the tool tray under the seat, and have a spare key on my truck keychain...

NOTE: I don't worry about loosing my truck or house keys as I have spares.
          But, {like many of you} I worry about loosing the main FOB.
               Primarily because I know it would be hard/expansive to replace.

So, I came up with this idea.....
I keep my FOB in a leather keychain similar to this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leather-Mens-Key-Holder-Accessory-Easy-6-Key-Chain-Wallet-Case-Black-/252802513920?hash=item3adc343c00:g:rfwAAOSwz2lXCYXB
{I have keys to the trunk and bag/seat on the keychain, and the FOB Fits nicely into the pocket on the left side}.

Recently I had a brainstorm and added it to that keychain.
I had a dog tag made at Walmart, that might increase the odds of getting the FOB back if lost...

It sez;  Ted Adcock
           Phone number
           $50 reward if found

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
Recently I had a brainstorm and added it to that keychain. I had a dog tag made at Walmart, that might increase the odds of getting the FOB back if lost...

It sez;  Ted Adcock
           Phone number
           $50 reward if found

That is not a bad idea at all.  Most people would be willing to return something, even with no reward, if they knew to whom and it was easy.  But almost nobody labels keys.  If one wanted to go super-cheap, one could even just put a tape laminated sticker on the back saying "call XXXXXX."
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2017, 10:36:27 AM »
My spare active fob (08 so dont have a passive only one) lives at my girlfrieds house.

If by some random act of god I was to lose my main one (which is kept inside a zipped pocket used for nothing else on my high viz jacket and never comes out, I just use the stove key fro opening the panniers as designed, yes I know some would advise against that but hey I'm a rebel!!) ) I guess I would just have to call the AA/RAC /whoever I'm currently with and get the bike trailered home.(Unless I was relatively close in which case I'm sure she would come out unless she was with me lol).
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »
That is not a bad idea at all.  Most people would be willing to return something, even with no reward, if they knew to whom and it was easy.  But almost nobody labels keys.  If one wanted to go super-cheap, one could even just put a tape laminated sticker on the back saying "call XXXMAX for a good time."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »
LOL- I think I might then never get the keys back...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 04:02:52 PM »
Hey Jim,

Maybe you should meld this and the 'bouncy feeling' thread. They seem to be getting closer. ?

Brian

Ok, ok, ok, ......
You asked for it......dammitttt....

http://youtu.be/sZa26_esLBE

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline motonerd14

• Arena
  • Nerd & Ziggy
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2017, 10:41:40 AM »
I usually keep it in my wallet. There's a little coin pouch in some Diesel branded bi-folds that is just the right size for it.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »
Ok. A bra it is. Might be able to get the 9mm in there too. Now to see if the wife will share.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 01:03:21 PM »
Ok. A bra it is. Might be able to get the 9mm in there too. Now to see if the wife will share.

Well, that does it...now I just need to grow a pair.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 01:55:06 PM »
What I've just seen cannot be unseen... :yikes:
Err, getting back to the Passive FOB.

I like the idea of keeping it in the tool tray under the seat, and have a spare key on my truck keychain...

NOTE: I don't worry about loosing my truck or house keys as I have spares.
          But, {like many of you} I worry about loosing the main FOB.
               Primarily because I know it would be hard/expansive to replace.

So, I came up with this idea.....
I keep my FOB in a leather keychain similar to this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leather-Mens-Key-Holder-Accessory-Easy-6-Key-Chain-Wallet-Case-Black-/252802513920?hash=item3adc343c00:g:rfwAAOSwz2lXCYXB
{I have keys to the trunk and bag/seat on the keychain, and the FOB Fits nicely into the pocket on the left side}.

Recently I had a brainstorm and added it to that keychain.
I had a dog tag made at Walmart, that might increase the odds of getting the FOB back if lost...

It sez;  Ted Adcock
           Phone number
           $50 reward if found

Ride safe, Ted

That's a real good idea on the dog tag.  My fob lives on a chain.  The only way it goes missing is if I lose my pants and belt.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »
What I've just seen cannot be unseen... :yikes:
That's a real good idea on the dog tag.  My fob lives on a chain.  The only way it goes missing is if I lose my pants and belt.

Hey, steady on Jim  :rotflmao:   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »
I keep my spare fob under the seat, wrapped in tin foil or in an EZ-PASS shielded zip-lock bag (the bag the pass came in.) When go on trips two-up, my passenger carries it in her zippered pocket. I have spare metal keys on my keychain, and one duct-taped under the plastic in case of emergency.

When I can not lock my gear in my cases, I lock them to the bike. I have two cables, similar to this:

I run the cable through the sleeve of the jacket, and lock it to the bike with a gun-lock. Most folks who own guns have several of these kicking around:

I can also use the gun lock alone to lock my helmet to the side rack supports while it's sitting on my pillion seat.

All the cables and the gun lock are small enough to fit in the tank compartment with room to spare.
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline Mike2011

• 2011 Concours 14 in Atomic Sliver
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
I keep my passive fob in an inside pocket of my riding jacket and my bigger main fob in my pants pocket.  For me personally I'd never keep either of the fobs anywhere on the bike itself.

Offline tonedeaf1

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »
I had mine sewn into my riding jacket.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 04:44:10 AM »
I keep my passive fob in an inside pocket of my riding jacket and my bigger main fob in my pants pocket.  For me personally I'd never keep either of the fobs anywhere on the bike itself.

Ditto.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90