Author Topic: Good mechanic/shop in Orlando  (Read 1785 times)

Offline EndlessHorizons

Good mechanic/shop in Orlando
« on: June 04, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
Hello everybody.  Just purchased an 03 Connie with 53,000 on the clock. Just out of the shop last month with $1100 work done, bulk of that money on rebuilt carbs w/new jet kits. Can anybody recommend a good shop in Orlando to go over my bike? Definately needs forks serviced (new springs a must) and want wheel bearings, steering head bearings, few other things checked out...

Guess to be more clear, seller provided a receipt for work done last month, prior to my buying it. By all appearances, he spent what he needed to to get it running and no more. The shop he used is over an hour from me, hoping to find someone closer...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:18:02 PM by Bschlievert »

Offline jworth

• Arena
Re: Good mechanic/shop in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this guy is close enough (central Florida), but I don't believe you'll find a better one.

Steve has a rudimentary web site.  Check it out.  He's contributed heaps to what is known about the bike including some youtube instructional videos.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline EndlessHorizons

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:32:50 PM »
Ha...have watched a couple of his youtube how-to's, didnt realize he was in FL. Thanks for the heads up🖒

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »
For the quality of work and reasonable prices, not to mention the extensive knowledge Steve has, it'd be worth renting a trailer and dropping your bike with him for a few days. He's over to the west north of Tampa. But the timing at the moment might not be good. He's probably going on vacation for a week or so with a bunch of others-shoot him an email or call. Definitely worth your time (and money).
2014 C-14 Red