Author Topic: Fairing fitment  (Read 1937 times)

Offline SaturationDyes

Fairing fitment
« on: July 22, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
I know ive read this info somewhere before but cant find it when i need as usual. I am wondering if an 86 fairing will fit on an 02 bike.?Will the 02 dash work with the 86 fairing? Will 02 side fairing pockets fit on 86 fairings? 

Offline SaturationDyes

Re: Fairing fitment
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »
http://forum.cog-online.org/1986-2006-zg1000-and-gtr1000/concours-colors-and-changes-through-the-years/

This is what i remeber readibg once upon a time. But still need some help interpting this. Still wondering if i can use my newer dash woth the older style front fairing. And will newer style side fairing pockets(lockable type) work woth the older style fairing.

I have all of my brackets from the 02 just cracked the upper and right side fairing.

Offline Bikenagain

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
I had my 2001 upper faiing smashed in an accident afew years back and picked up a 1992 fairing cheap and it bolted straight on. I am also using all my 2001 dash and fairing inners with no problems just bolts straight on. Just need to use later model dash bracket.

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »
Awesome this is exactly what i was thinking after reading that article. Thank you.

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »
Just to confirm for anyone in the future all fairings seem to be interchangable. The dash just has to use its appropiate bracket. They have different mounting points. Also if you are using an older fairing with newer side pockets make sure you save the accociated mounting points off either fairing. The pocket secure a little different between the old and new.