Author Topic: Lucky Lucky Man  (Read 1290 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Lucky Lucky Man
« on: August 17, 2017, 06:04:26 AM »
ok soa few years old but just saw this on a programme over here

! No longer available
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conniesaki

Re: Lucky Lucky Man
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
WOW! Lucky is right! But, durn, what a bummer way to wrap up a long career.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
--

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 07:24:10 AM »
That looks like the classic: starting a perfectly executed inside loop of 1,000 feet..... at 900 feet. Unless the vehicle has a lot of power, and helicopters do not, the bottom or exit of the loop is a but slow and sluggish and has a bigger arc than the entrance turn. Looks like that is what happened in that video.

Brian

ok soa few years old but just saw this on a programme over here

! No longer available
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
In a more recent interview (which is the one I saw on the BBC) he again admitted it was pilot error, hadn't made enough allowance for the thin, hot desert air. Reckoned another 10-20ft and he would have been ok.

That looks like the classic: starting a perfectly executed inside loop of 1,000 feet..... at 900 feet. Unless the vehicle has a lot of power, and helicopters do not, the bottom or exit of the loop is a but slow and sluggish and has a bigger arc than the entrance turn. Looks like that is what happened in that video.

Brian
--

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
Lucky indeed! Low level aerobatics tend to eventually catch up with even the best pilots. Bob Hoover being an exception and one of the reasons I think he was the best.