Author Topic: Gerbings heated socks  (Read 1140 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Gerbings heated socks
« on: August 21, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
$10 shipped.   Why so cheap you ask?  I looked at them and saw a repair that I don't remember doing.  Don't remember a lot of stuff these days... :'( .    These would plug into the pants from what I remember.  I ohm'd them out and they both come up at about 10.5 ohms.  So they should be ok.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Gerbings heated socks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:03:59 PM »
Do we have to wait or can we bid on the Gerbing heated thong now?

If we can bid, I bid $- 120.00 but only if you include a saber and BBQ tongs so I can dispose of them properly.

But seriously folks, Gerbing does not make the socks anymore. I cannot speak for Jim's pair (Ahem... that is kind of like an Easy Boys! in a sales thread) but I used a pair for years and they allowed me to ride all year in New England. And the one piece of heated gear I did NOT bring with me on my CC50 using the logic that it was 6 June, how cold could it get? Well, in the Rockies, at night, in the rain, I was wearing and using every single piece of heated gear I owned and was desperately wishing I had the socks along. So absolutely, they work.

Brian

$10 shipped.   Why so cheap you ask?  I looked at them and saw a repair that I don't remember doing.  Don't remember a lot of stuff these days... :'( .    These would plug into the pants from what I remember.  I ohm'd them out and they both come up at about 10.5 ohms.  So they should be ok.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Gerbings heated socks
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Any interest?  Winter's coming...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.